Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child  (Read 5416 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:28:24 am »

http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=08022006

This is all kinds of awkward for me... My dad's name is Simon

Luckily, he did not perform in any kind of rollerskatin yoyoing act as far as I know.

As for the lederhosen, I cannot be so certain

Anyways, is Pat really gonna be gay?  Because that is just an easy way out for a comic of this caliber

EDIT: my cans are nearly all gone!  SUCCESS IS IMMINENT
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:49:02 am »

They did a thing.


About the strip:  I thought that once Pat got a call from his mom and dad.  He threw the phone out the window.  Did they stay together? 

This is a pretty rad strip.  I just can't understand "hold a false thanksgiving" at all though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:11:01 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:02:18 am »

Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:09:42 am »

I guess I just thought Marcel was a woman, but that is totally a guys name.  If it was something like Fred I would have understood.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:13:21 am »

I just can't understand "hold a false thanksgiving" at all though.

Thanksgivings are times when families are gathered and awkward or angry announcements of sexual orientations might occur.

So, Timmy, how's school going?
Stop trying to control my life! I'm gay, fuck you!
That sort of thing. It is not the Thanksgiving time of year so they would have to host a false thanksgiving to produce this effect.

Anyway, I enjoyed this strip. Previous to these strips, I did not peg Pat as being gay so much as I figured he was disgusted by all things sexual and just was frustrated like the dickens.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:27:05 am »

basically pat will soon go crazy because he will be confronted with the homosexual within (not that there's anything wrong with that) but he is such a dick that he thinks male-male fellatio is a shit thing to do.  even when it is behind the bleachers and is so beautiful that he can never comprehend it.

also, let's hear it for photoshop for adding a filter that puts in a homosexual father and his hell of repressed son in a young phase.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 08:33:51 am »

I believe the filter (Mapplethorpe) makes subjects very gay and naked. No photos were filtered, but Pat would think that they were.


My coworker once told me that Mapplethorpe didn't do his own printing.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 11:47:08 am »

1 - Aw, look ar Pat's hair. He was so cute!
2 - This arc is gonna be the shit.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 12:52:23 pm »

Okay basically I cannot wait to see where this is going.


Seriously you guys, this is gonna be so good.  We can make popcorn and do each others hair and stuff like OMG.

Oh wait.. that's what you do for the season finale of the OC or something.  Nevermind.

(really though, high hopes here... and not just for alliterative purposes.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 12:53:25 pm »

I like that Pat looks like such a fuck*ng hippie child balanced on his dad's rollerskate. 

Also, let's hear it for Beef's derision of his coding ability; that is vivid.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 01:03:13 pm »

I'm still on Photoshop 5.0.  It doesn't have that filter.  Guess I'd better upgrade.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 01:05:50 pm »

Will another estranged father confrontation lead to another GOF, only with rollerskates and yoyos?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 01:10:55 pm »

I was happy only knowing about siMON from that one phone call but I'm willing to see where this ride takes us. I don't know though, I always saw Pat as more totally hating his body rather than gay, though I guess they are not exclusive.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 01:50:53 pm »

Also, let's hear it for Beef's derision of his coding ability; that is vivid.

Second that. Also now we have ironclad proof (as if we didn't already!) that logo and pascal are the tree-huggingest birkenstock-wearingest hippiest of programming languages.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: August 2, 2006 -- Dreamwheel and the Child
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 01:59:21 pm »

Anyways, is Pat really gonna be gay?  Because that is just an easy way out for a comic of this caliber

I don't think he's gay, just in denial that perhaps barbers aren't such bad guys.

Also, I love how Beef's punctuation is sorta separate from the rest of the sentence .
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up