Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS  (Read 3193 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:04:49 pm »

Actually, anyone who works at a zoo or enjoys zoos (zoophile? ;-) ) can help --

When a kangaroo fetus is attached to the teat in the pouch, where does it eliminate? How does the pouch stay clean of joey-fetus-poo?

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:07:08 pm »

I would assume that the mother licks the pouch clean.  Lots of animals eat poop, so it's no big deal really.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:48:58 pm »

I would assume that the mother licks the pouch clean.  Lots of animals eat poop, so it's no big deal really.

I was thinking you could, you know, ask your zoo buddies who actually worked there. Assumptions make an ass out of U and, uh, Umptions.

More importantly, I dont know how the licking would work without contaminating the half-developed fetus with some nasty mouth bacteria.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:53:39 pm »

I don't know anyone who's worked with breeding kangaroos.  But here's someone who's really good at using Google to confirm my answer.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=526370

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 09:02:24 pm »

Amazing. You'd think the flora in the mother's mouth would lead to sepsis in the embryo.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 09:08:07 pm »

Animals tend to evolve resistance to what they need to evolve resistance to, you know?  I mean, you can evolve to be able to eat carrion that's full of nasty bacteria.  Evolving a resistance to being licked on your outside is probably a lot easier than that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 09:10:36 pm »

This is what I was expecting to see when I clicked on this subject line:



Man, I'm so glad no one had to see THAT.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 10:47:41 pm »

Wassamatta Jough? You feeling the need to pick up the slack since Bobby seems to be going through a period of (temporary, relative) sanity?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 12:11:53 am »

That picture is mad rutty, yo.

Cats and dogs clean up after little ones by eating the poop. I'm sure creatures that live in dens do the same until the young'uns can go outside.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 03:36:25 am »

That picture is mad rutty, yo.

You don't have to get all literal on us.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 07:20:09 pm »

This is what I was expecting to see when I clicked on this subject line:



Man, I'm so glad no one had to see THAT.

That is so obviously the picture you're using as your desktop wall paper jough.  I mean, come on.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: WOMBAT I NEED YOUR ZOO SKILLS
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 08:35:10 pm »

Actually, Smells, I'm using your press release photo as my wallpaper.  It makes me all tingly. You know, down there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up