Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)  (Read 8508 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« on: August 04, 2006, 05:32:29 am »

Well.  Now that we know it's a curse, that puts a whole different face on things.

I hope we get to actually see Dirt Man Idiot flash us the sunflower.

Ray should know better than to put his martini there.  That is something he should know.
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 06:13:29 am »

I am so displeased that Pat is merely gay instead of just being an asshole misanthropic sociopath

Why does every asshole misanthropic sociopath have to be gay these days?  Why is always self-homophobia?

Why can't you just plain hate people anymore?

I already know what you will say: "That Mrchee guy is gay he is all the way homosexual"
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 10:46:23 am »

God, Mrchee, stop being so whiny. You gay or something? Fag. You must be all the way homosexual. (I'm sorry. Typing that is like a release. I'm dangerously low on my teenage-sexuality-insults quota, and Mrchee was just asking for it. Fag.)

Once Pat changes from the state of being a dick, will he stay that way? He didn't last time, but the curse seems like it would be harder to reverse.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

stringph

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
  • I been meanin' to learn a little geometry
    • View Profile
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 10:51:02 am »


What is Ray doing with his right hand in the fifth frame? The Renaissance-style foreshortening, while being an impressive and totally valid artistic technique, is confusing me.

http://www.drawsquad.com/lessons/less1a.html

Ray is the character whose body we have seen from the most unusual angles.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 11:36:54 am »

Dude. I ain't gonna say anything, but today's strip has Mexican Magic Filler.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 12:07:28 pm »

I am so displeased that Pat is merely gay instead of just being an asshole misanthropic sociopath
Don't worry, Pat will likely remain a bitter crank if and when he comes out of the closet. Barbers can do bestiality as well.

What is Ray doing with his right hand in the fifth frame? The Renaissance-style foreshortening, while being an impressive and totally valid artistic technique, is confusing me.
It looks like he's throwing back his hand in surprise when the drink falls off the top of his monitor.

Also, I love how Ray's greeting to Simon involves commenting on his watch. I'll have to try that when I'm greeting friends.

"Hey man, nice watch! That Paco Rabanne?"
"Who ... what? I'm not even wearing a watch."
"Oh. So uh, tell me about your gay son."
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 12:10:11 pm »

Don't worry, Pat will likely remain a bitter crank if and when he comes out of the closet. Barbers can do bestiality as well.
It looks like he's throwing back his hand in surprise when the drink falls off the top of his monitor.

Also, I love how Ray's greeting to Simon involves commenting on his watch. I'll have to try that when I'm greeting friends.

"Hey man, nice watch! That Paco Rabanne?"
"Who ... what? I'm not even wearing a watch."
"Oh. So uh, tell me about your gay son."

I also like the fact that he calls Mr. Bear "Connie."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 12:45:40 pm »


Ray should know better than to put his martini there.  That is something he should know.

In the old days, you could put your martini on your monitor with confidence.  It's this damn newfangled skinny screen technology that's the problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 01:33:51 pm »

Simon's finger-quotation-marks gesture in the penultimate panel is a nice touch.

I like that Ray is consulting "Connie" about how to make the new talent, Dirt Man Idiot, unique.  With Cornelius's help, this fellow will surely be the classiest, most old school musical artist the world has ever seen.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 02:22:42 pm »

Simon's finger-quotation-marks gesture in the penultimate panel is a nice touch.

I like that Ray is consulting "Connie" about how to make the new talent, Dirt Man Idiot, unique.  With Cornelius's help, this fellow will surely be the classiest, most old school musical artist the world has ever seen.

In the venerable tradition of the "speak-singing" troubadours of 13th century Provence.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 03:23:47 pm »

People, people, people. It is entirely possible that Pat is in the closet AND a complete dick for other reasons.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 04:12:50 pm »

The business of Ray spilling his martini, moving the monitor to wipe it up, and then moving it back again really made this strip something other than "dull talking."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 04:25:06 pm »

Goddamitt, I'm on the Quentin Quadrilateral train to Tijuana-blowjob-ville.



What the fuck is that supposed to mean? It's not even a cheap shot at me because it's completely apropos of nothing.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 05:13:42 pm »

man, Pat is both a Dick and a dude who loves Dick.

"yeah, he's gay from a Curse. I mean, not that that's a curse! I love gay people! But, I mean, I'm not... I'm not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The Story of Gladdington's Castle (8.4.06)
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 02:18:25 am »

I also like the fact that he calls Mr. Bear "Connie."

At first when I read "Connie" I thought that he was talking to a secretary. I actually used to work with a guy named Corneilius, and his office had a plaquard outside it that read "Connie Smith" or whatever. At first, without having met the person that occupied "Connie"'s office, I thought Connie was a lady, until I was introduced to him and realized that the dude had been christened Cornelius and that Connie was just a nickname. Either one is a tough name for a man to tote around.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Ray's martini (oops... Diamond Juice...my bad) fell off the monitor and so we see his flailing hand trying to stop its fate. I'm surprised that Ray mops up his Ketel One by himself, rather than paying someone to clean it up.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up