I finallyy gave up on trying to keep the cat hair out of my food. Now I just give one of them a few licks before every meal just to get it out of the way.
I hate having cat hair everywhere. It's the worst when white cat fuzz gets lodged in my eyes. That shit hurts like a bitch, and no matter now much I irrigate my eyes, it seems to stay in there. Ugh. Just the thought of it makes me crazy. Needless to say I vacuum a LOT.
RE: Drinking after cats. I dunno, I have probably inadvertently drank after one of the little boys slurped out of my water glass with their ass-licking tongues. They love the ice cubes. I try to protect my water glass but sometimes I catch them doing it and then I just get totally grossed out. Also, I do not share food with them. Having them lick off my ice cream cone would be cute, but disgusting. my little dudes eat only cat food. I don't feed them people food.
Lately I have been shutting the bathroom door. I can't peruse the latest issue of Vogue with Milan AND Lenny rubbing against my legs and demanding petties. I guess they figure, "Hey! Captive audience! Give us petties, mom!"
I once ate something resembling this daifuku, I think it had some kind of white bean filling flavored with rose water or something (I don't know, it tasted kind of flowery?). I think purple yams would be good for this sort of thing.
Also, being Filipino, I find people's varying reactions to foods like balut and dinuguan somewhat amusing.
I might have to write stuff about non-horrible Filipino desserts later (I can do that right? It's allowed?)
That's one of the things I loved about my community in AK. We had a huge Filipino community there, and
god damn could the folks that I worked with COOK AWESOME FOOD. Lumpia is so grelicious. Anyway, I always admired the purple yam ice cream at the grocery store, and one of these days I'll have to find a Filipino market in Denver and buy some.