Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daifuku (the dessert thread)  (Read 18607 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Daifuku (the dessert thread)
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2007, 07:46:45 pm »

The cake looked like what would happen of you pressed a lot of rice together in a pan. It was sugary and ricy.

I'm thinking it was either bibingka or biko. Biko seems more likely though, since that's always made with whole rice grains.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Daifuku (the dessert thread)
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2007, 04:28:08 am »

My dog is considerate about this.  She'll lie down on the floor right outside the door.  My 5-year old, on the other hand, appears to channel her inner cat.  Lips pressed between the floor and door, she'll go on about "Why can't I come in?" and "What are you doing?".  Little fingers appear and grab the door - furious cackling ensues.  When kindergarten starts, I'm expecting calls from the principal.

Tiny can.

I hate having cat hair everywhere. It's the worst when white cat fuzz gets lodged in my eyes. That shit hurts like a bitch, and no matter now much I irrigate my eyes, it seems to stay in there. Ugh. Just the thought of it makes me crazy. Needless to say I vacuum a LOT.

I figured out why I was suddenly having such a huge problem with allergies over the past couple of days. My roommate's parents dropped by on Wednesday to visit and stay overnight. They brought their little dog. My boys stay locked in my room (it's far larger than my apartment in Alaska...the bedroom is quite large with attached bathroom and study so Lenny can run laps through all three rooms), but they knew another quadruped was in the house.

Today I could hardly stand to be upstairs. I finally vacuumed to get as much dog dander out of the house as possible. It has helped immensely.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up