Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R.I.P. Variety Hour  (Read 2678 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« on: September 16, 2003, 05:52:05 pm »

Well, he finally did the honourable thing and put it out of its misery.

What do you think he'll do with that extra ten minutes he has now every week that he used to spend on the Variety Hour?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 06:05:31 pm »

I'm guessing new shoelaces for his Wingtips.  That should cover the first six weeks, at least.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 08:40:16 pm »

And here it ended not with a bang but with a whimper.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 01:57:52 am »

Today is the first Tuesday with no variety hour. I feel much better at having not clicked on it only to be faced with something forced and unfunny. It's absence has added minutes to my day that otherwise I would spend pondering variety hour and the word "why?".

It's gone to a better place and in doing so, sent us to one too.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 10:03:30 pm »

Actually, yesterday was the second Tuesday with no Ray's Place.

Variety Hour ran on Thursdays, and last week was the first week without one.

I'll give you an "A" for effort, though.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 11:42:14 pm »

Truly there is meaning to posting in a forum where there is no one posting.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 03:18:37 am »

If a post is made in a forest, and no one is there to read it, does it make a point?

V-Adore

  • Guest
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2003, 03:44:57 am »

I find it telling, and faintly mesmerizing, that at this point we're having a more lucid and attention-getting conversation about the lack of VH than we ever did about any of the real VHs.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Variety Hour
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2003, 03:58:41 am »

It is a metaphysical question.

It is not worth answering.

Viva el Muerto de la hora de variedad!

Long live the Death of the Variety Hour!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up