Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Vlad in Happiness  (Read 4612 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Vlad in Happiness
« on: August 07, 2006, 12:04:21 am »

Anyone noticed similarities between the character named Vlad in the movie Happiness and the ***** of the same name?
1. Russian
2. Sideburns
3. Speaking in the third person
4. Swashbuckling, quirky ladies' man.

I figured that this might have been covered already, but couldn't find a thread.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 02:01:41 am »

Is beink because the Vlad ***** character and that movie character both Russian stereotypes.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 02:14:20 am »

Is beink because the Vlad ##### character and that movie character both Russian stereotypes.

I thought our Vlad was Polish? He did speak of women paying heck of zlotys to sleep with a man who has basic Hotmail account.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 02:19:58 am »

I guess those Slavs all look alike.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:48:47 am »

Is beink because the Vlad ##### character and that movie character both Russian stereotypes.
Yes, there's also that. Sort of archetypal.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 03:49:35 am »

I guess those Slavs all look alike.
Especially ***** slavs.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 03:55:39 am »

There's also the fact that Onstad doesn't like to be too specific/accurate with his dark-haired ethnicities. Remember, he had to make that clarification about Roast Beef being double-secret-reverse-baptisml-eastern-rite-Catholic when there was much reader busy-bodyness.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 05:12:11 pm »

Yeah, Jorge, I mentioned this once too, but everyone was so caught up in the outdoor fight that they didn't really talk much about it.  I'm glad you agree with me, indirectly and without meaning to.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

skizot

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 09:25:12 pm »

So maybe I'm just slow, but I don't really understand the need for censoring the word *****.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 09:28:26 pm »

So maybe I'm just slow, but I don't really understand the need for censoring the word #####.

How can that be someone's first post? Or do you have to be registered to use the search feature here?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 09:29:09 pm »

So maybe I'm just slow, but I don't really understand the need for censoring the word #####.

Some people just don't fuck*ng get it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 09:43:50 pm »

Some people just don't fuck*ng get it.

Now, now you two!


Welcome skizot!  You will find that many whimsical words are altered or sensored here, you know, for shits and giggles.  Have fun.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 09:46:39 pm »

so, um, maybe I used to be search-retarded, but I searched tons of times and never found the reason they were censored. Y'all are full of shit.

eventually someone explained it to me,though. I think.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 09:47:17 pm »

They are censored because they are doubleplusungood thoughtcrime. What could be more clear?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Vlad in Happiness
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:43 pm »

We have always been at war with Eurasia.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up