Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 7th August 2006- These days, bein' gay is, like, one better than having an iPod!  (Read 8959 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08072006

Not sure about the subject line for this, so any better suggestions are appreciated! I did my best.

So now, we just wait for Pat's 26th birthday. Pat is definitely the kind of guy who has a birthday party with a big speech at the end.

I like how that even in 1328 Pat's ancestors wore glasses, and that the commoners wore the Victorian style muttonchops. This isn't a thinly veiled attempt at pointing out mistakes. It just makes things work, in an Achewood way.

Edit: Forgot the bloody link. Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 05:05:03 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

dang. I was sitting here, a tab open, thinking "what websites have I not checked today?"
and a scant few minutes later, our own Judy beat me to the punch. Oh well.

pretty... funny?

My iPod is broken. I guess that's like... being a gay dude who doesn't get any?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

So how old is Pat now? Because I'm thinking that the curse kicked in a few years ago.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

So how old is Pat now? Because I'm thinking that the curse kicked in a few years ago.

I'm under the impression that this is the kind of curse which you can't really suppress and so it is still to happen, but you're a lot smarter than me so I think I'm probably the only one thinking this.

(If you were joking then I apologise for taking it over seriously)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

I'm pretty sure if anyone could suppress a curse, it'd be Pat.  ("Mr. President, I figured if anyone knew where to get some Tang, it'd be you...")

Not funny ha-ha, but it's a setup strip, I shall withhold judgement until these events hold themselves to be self(creationarily)evident!

Right-o... I shouldn't even be allowed to post today.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile

Despite the delightful backstory I am simply furious that Pat is gay

My iPod is broken. I guess that's like... being a gay dude who doesn't get any?

No it is like a dude who can't stop thinking of Sean Astin in "Click" and does not want to ask himself why

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/kingbiff/SPEE-DONT.jpg
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 05:55:17 pm by mrchee »
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile


No it is like a dude who can't stop thinking of Sean Astin in "Click" and does not want to ask himself why


On an unrelated note, I once met Sean Astin's mother.  She was very nice.  She smoked a lot.  One right after the other.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

On an unrelated note, I once met Sean Astin's mother.  She was very nice.  She smoked a lot.  One right after the other.

Patty Duke?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

in a doubly-related story, my friend was staying with a german family for 2 weeks.
he turns off the shower, is about to towel himself off, when the german dude busts into the bathroom. naked. and says "one after ze other, ja? ze water will get cold!"

I can do a really good imitation of his voice, but you cannot hear it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I'm under the impression that this is the kind of curse which you can't really suppress and so it is still to happen, but you're a lot smarter than me so I think I'm probably the only one thinking this.

(If you were joking then I apologise for taking it over seriously)

I think the curse kicked in a few years ago but that's Pat's personality is such a force of nature that he's able to surpress the gayness via the power of barely contained rage. Hence Pat's "true self" in the photograph a few days ago. Although you will notice that we've never seen Pat date any ladies, so he's supressing the gayness but not reversing it.

Also, I don't know if I like the idea of posts where I equate being gay and a curse being saved onto the internet for posterity. Future generations may not have the comic strip for conext. Attention Future Generations: I do not thinkg being gay is a curse. Also, I've apparently been reading too much Dinosaur Comics. Thank you.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Also, I've apparently been reading too much Dinosaur Comics. Thank you.

Also known as ANY Dinosaur Comics.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

I like how that even in 1328 Pat's ancestors wore glasses, and that the commoners wore the Victorian style muttonchops. This isn't a thinly veiled attempt at pointing out mistakes. It just makes things work, in an Achewood way.

Judy, Judy, Judy.  You of all people should know that, to this day, all Englishmen are required by law to have muttonchops.  Why, soon you'll have your very own!

With regard to the strip itself, the trailing-off "QUEEEEEEEER" was a nice touch.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile


Also, I don't know if I like the idea of posts where I equate being gay and a curse being saved onto the internet for posterity. Future generations may not have the comic strip for conext.

What kind of disaster would spare the messageboard for posterity and yet destroy the comic?  Much as I love us, I hope I do not have to live in such a future.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

Patty Duke?

Yea.  She was performing in "Glass Menagerie" in the upstairs theater, while I was working on "Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspere (Abrgd.)" in the downstairs theater, here in town.

The scene shop also doubles as an indoor smoking area, so we smoked a lot of cigarettes.   We weren't like, SUPERPALS! or anything, because, I was a 23 year old kid, and she's much older, and kind of ... intense.  Understandable since this is during intermissions.

The only conversation we had was when she asked me my name.   I said "Sean." She said, "Oh... My son's name is Sean."  Then we went back to smoking in silence, and looking at all the dusty props hung on the walls.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest

C'mon, no commentary about Pat's ancestor's fabulous hat? For a while I thought he was wearing an old-timey aviation cap, and even now I'm not sure what to make of this particular development. Also, I have to admit, the idea of this being an authentic 14th-century admonishment makes me laugh. Other than that... it's been a good setup strip in what has thus far proven to be a surprisingly engaging little storyline.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up