Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 7th August 2006- These days, bein' gay is, like, one better than having an iPod!  (Read 8954 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Isn't Patty Duke like, way more famous than her son?  Isn't Sean Astin like, "Patty Duke's son" and not she being "Sean's mother"?

WTF?

Also, this strip... ho-hum.  Crappy curse, crappy castle rendering, mild smirk of a punchline.

C-

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

I enjoyed the understatement, which is why I put it that way.  Of course, the younger folk are more likely to know Sean Astin, since the world didn't begin until they invented color TV.

Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

Isn't Patty Duke like, way more famous than her son?  Isn't Sean Astin like, "Patty Duke's son" and not she being "Sean's mother"?

It's like those critical days back in the 90s when Bob Dylan risked becoming "Jakob's father". But the universe managed to restore the natural order of things eventually.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I suppose I should fulfill my obligation as World's - well, Board's - Oldest Fart by popping in to mention that I have no idea who Sean Astin is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

He was one of the Goonies, also one of the Hobbits. 

He was the chubby hobbit that wanted Maximum Cuddles with Frodo.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

He was one of the Goonies, also one of the Hobbits. 

He was the chubby hobbit that wanted Maximum Cuddles with Frodo.

In other words, Wombat's cousin.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

He was the chubby hobbit that wanted Maximum Cuddles with Frodo.

Doesn't help.  In My Day, hobbits were not played by actors.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

I'm exausted at that point.

I think that kind of proves Jough's point with the "Sean Astin's Mom" vs. "Patty Duke's Son" thing.  I think it also could be expressed with a Venn diagram.

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Also, I don't know if I like the idea of posts where I equate being gay and a curse being saved onto the internet for posterity.

You forget that in the future, sarcasm will be presumed at all times unless otherwise delineated. All will be well.

Until I build that time machine and prevent "Family Guy" from ever being... but at that point, everyone will be so happy to be in a Family Guy-less world, that people will let little thing like that slide, CJ. They won't remember the atrocity I wiped out but, on some subconscious level, they will know that something terrible and lazy isn't around and joy will creep up from the Jungian Lower Dimensions and into our world. Gay folks will be too busy enjoying new episodes of "Futurama" and that cartoon Phil Hendrie was gonna do and... generally not hating all of humanity because no person has yet been able to prevent Family Guy from happening.

Root for the time machine. Root for the time machine.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

Judy, Judy, Judy.  You of all people should know that, to this day, all Englishmen are required by law to have muttonchops.  Why, soon you'll have your very own!

What makes you think I haven't already?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

What makes you think I haven't already?

Pix plz.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile

Wow, and here I had been thinking that Sean was John Astin's son.  Patty Duke never entered my mental equation.

So let's see:

John Astin: Gomez Addams, Harry's dad on Night Court
Sean Astin: Mikey in the Goonies, Sam the hobbit
Patty Duke: Likes to rock and roll, a hot dog makes her lose control

Also, 26 is a poor year to get the gay.  It is old enough to have a "normal" life to disrupt, but young enough to have a long time to live with the consequences of such a change.  If it had been, say, 18, the curse probably would have died out relatively soon due to the not liking womens factor leading to lack of heirs.  This curse was well planned.

Of course, it seems like it has indeed ended with Pat.  So.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Omegatron

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile

So there is a bloodline of gayness?  Not to be a homophobe or anything, but isn't that kind of... self-contradicting?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

Wow, and here I had been thinking that Sean was John Astin's son. 


He is.  Sort of.  I think.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

So there is a bloodline of gayness?  Not to be a homophobe or anything, but isn't that kind of... self-contradicting?

A lot of gay folks (one of my aunts, for example) end up having kids in an attempt to conform to the status quo before they finally decide to be true to themselves. Also, a lot of gay folks end up being parents themselves (i.e., lesbians getting artificially inseminated, and gay couples of both genders adopting kids).

In Pat's family tree, the men grow up "straight" until they hit 26, and then they must have the Great Gaywakening. That must be why Simon had Pat and then finally came out some years later.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up