Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: About August West  (Read 3228 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
About August West
« on: August 07, 2006, 05:03:13 pm »

There is a lot I could say about the man, but i'll keep it short because I must press on down the road.  Our August West is a prince among men.  He invited me into his home and made me feel like I was a part of the family.  A family, I might add, that I am truely in love with.  From Sue the beautiful wife right on down to Boomer the reluctant dog.  I just left the West family and I had to stop and take a minute to let everyone know that August West is a beautiful person.  Thank you Frank for your hospitality and friendship.  If you ever pass my way in Texas (or wherever I settle) I will attempt to repay your hospitality.

 ~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: About August West
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 05:19:56 pm »

it is good to know that Aug. is a nice guy. also, that he has a pretty wife/family. I am impressed that you let an Internet Person into your home, introduced him to your family, and all that good stuff. I would feel awkward doing this (of course, I live with my parents... so it'd be a little different.)

Sadly, I doubt I'll be able to say anything like this about Q. "the basement was pretty nice, but the ropes were a little tight. the gimp seemed alright, I guess."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: About August West
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 05:32:24 pm »

I concur (except about the family who I didn't meet, though I do not blame Mr. AW for this.  I wouldn't bring them to meet me either.)  Glad you two had a good time!

TI: Pfft... you only wish you got the basement.  It's trunk of my car if we ever accidentally met.*


* Dog help you if we meet.  Dog help you indeed!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: About August West
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 08:01:27 pm »

Geez, I'm blushing here.

For what it's worth, Paul is just as fun, funny and thoughtful as he seems on the board.  It was thoroughly enjoyable for me and my family to host him for the weekend.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: About August West
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 11:22:15 am »

AW: How do you go about explaining this situation to your family? Are they cool enough to just take for granted your bringing home someone you've never met in real life or did you need to sugar coat it (yeah... old friend honey... no I don't think you ever met him)?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: About August West
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 12:25:36 pm »

Straight, no chaser.  He's a guy I know from the internet.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: About August West
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 02:17:55 pm »

Smooth.
You really are our film-noir lawyer eh?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: About August West
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 02:39:49 pm »

Frank isn't a guy from the internet anymore.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: About August West
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 03:08:09 pm »

Yeah, that would be a hard one to break to the SO:  Honey, a stranger from the internet will be staying at our place for a while.  But I imagine AW has provided his lovely wife with a good life, and after all, is she a Jeopardy champion?  No?  I don't think so.  So who is she to question his choices? *

* Aug, I hope you've never used this argument when disputing any issues with your good lady wife.


But anyway, Paul was voted most meetable and given an imaginary award for this very reason, so if he isn't a suitable house guest, who is?

Say... on the flip side, next TOUAMBIE Awards, we should have a TOUAMBIE you'd be most terrified to meet.

I'd pick Jough by the way.  Never mind the scary name pronunciation, I just imagine him pointing at aspects of my life and just laughing.  Just pointing and laughing.  And then some horrible accident would befall me and there he'd be at my funeral, and he'd point at a picture of me and say, in a sassy voice, "Fuck this chick."  And that would be the end of me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: About August West
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 03:25:55 pm »

But I imagine AW has provided his lovely wife with a good life, and after all, is she a Jeopardy champion?  No?  I don't think so.  So who is she to question his choices?

McKee is a former Fulbright scholar.  Are you a former Fulbright scholar, Charles?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: About August West
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 03:26:49 pm »

Say... on the flip side, next TOUAMBIE Awards, we should have a TOUAMBIE you'd be most terrified to meet.

I'd pick Jough by the way.  Never mind the scary name pronunciation, I just imagine him pointing at aspects of my life and just laughing.  Just pointing and laughing.  And then some horrible accident would befall me and there he'd be at my funeral, and he'd point at a picture of me and say, in a sassy voice, "Fuck this chick."  And that would be the end of me.

I'd more likely just be like, trying to sleep with you the entire time.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: About August West
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 03:30:51 pm »

See, pointing at me and laughing when I'm naked is an even worse inevitability.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: About August West
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 05:31:13 pm »

being all "haha, I tied you up and now you can't escape!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: About August West
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 12:50:16 pm »

See, pointing at me and laughing when I'm naked is an even worse inevitability.

Inevitable eh? Because Jough is just irresistable or just because you have to do whatever he says out of a mixture of fear and social commitment.

Now I'm wondering if this is the Inevitable event that Inev's name is prophesizing. Everything that happens here is leading to Smells and Jough sleeping together. Like we're some online book of revelations.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: About August West
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 02:18:19 pm »

oh fuck, you weren't supposed to tell them! smells, get out while you still ca--

*much sounds of kicking and yelling and being dragged away*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up