Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!  (Read 6619 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Aw Bobby lay off the kid eh?  You don't listen to him none Judy.  Get yerself a licorice whip!  *tosses nickel at Judy and then sits back with a paper, cigar, and maybe a fedora.*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

I took one away from Bobby and gave it to Judy because Bobby was being a can bully.

DON'T BE A CAN BULLY

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

I took one away from Bobby and gave it to Judy because Bobby was being a can bully.

DON'T BE A CAN BULLY

You get a can for your excellent use of irony.
Logged

mkilly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • Glitter & Twang

I love how we start in medias res, not knowing what prompted the day, nor what prompted Pat's reiteration of its terms. AAAAAA+++++++++++++ would read again
Logged
I never age at all, never die, unlike all the stars in the sky I'll be young forever and why?--'cause I'm a vampire.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Raising Your Hand Day is a good idea.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

i enjoyed this strip a good amount.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

Look Pat running in those small shoes!

On a related note, 'tis very dangerous to open your mouth when you happen to be running like a mugglefucker. You could burst, like this one hoss my uncle had.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

V-Adore

  • Guest

This strip is just gold. Even if we refrain from speculating on a Maximum Cuddles dynamic, which I would prefer to, Nice Pete and Pat have an impressively fucked-up domestic situation; I remain impressed that somehow Pat hasn't been killed yet. (I guess Nice Pete respects his deep, seething inner rage?) Simon is also a classier character than I'd anticipated from the kazoo and "Dreamwheel and the Child" preamble. This could get interesting, fast.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

it's better to give than to recieve.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

xzqx

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile

Um, it bugs me that this bugs me so much but did anyone notice that the caller ID unit says "father"? I'm assuming it's just one of those old-school things you hook up to your phone line. You can't program those. So how does it know that this dude is his father?

Sorry for being so annoying. Someone kill me.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Someone kill me.

Sure Thing!  I will b-


Oh.. you were being facetious?  Oh.


In all seriousness, I suspect that only Pat would find one that is programmable "I should be able to choose how I people are represented on my telephone!  I am paying for the service after all!" and also a bit outdated "These modern caller ID's are far too flashy!  While it makes sense to own such a device because one must be able to root out the idiots constantly calling (and have evidence for future legal battles), most of them have a ridiculous number of functions now that NOBODY needs!"

It seems Pat and thus it must be; long live jambi.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar

Nitpick: the caller-id system would never say "FAthEr" because the caller-id system is not smart enough to recognize the relationship between caller and callee.
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Nitpick: the caller-id system would never say "FAthEr" because the caller-id system is not smart enough to recognize the relationship between caller and callee.


Unless it's programable. My cell phone displays "Mom" when she calls because that who I told it belongs to the number.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Quote from: misterqueue
In all seriousness, I suspect that only Pat would find one that is programmable

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

Pat's caller ID only displays two names-- FathEr, and aSSholE.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up