Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indigo Moms  (Read 4911 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 04:49:07 pm »

Fixed that for you.

Violet Sonya, the caring, empathic barbarian with insights into the coming age of human evolution.

Featuring Thulsa Doom as that oh-so-square school principal with NO IDEA, man. None whatsoever.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 06:39:39 pm »

So that's why Indigo Prophecy was named that!

God, what a shitty video game that was. I hated that game. It had so much potential and then blew it all out its ass.

Is this symbolic of the entire Indigo Child concept? Perhaps!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 06:57:47 pm »

quite frankly, I'm afraid to click the link, now that I've read the snippets posted here.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 09:55:02 pm »

Yeah, I figured someone would catch that.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 10:32:00 pm »

I totally came in here expecting to read about how the indigo girls were pregnant together or something.
I don't even really know who the indigo girls are.

Believing your child is special because they act like a douche is nothing new, but future leaders of the world may be pushing it. Then again, the squeaky wheel gets the oil I guess. Just all the other wheels hate  it and wish it would just OD on heroin or something.

And Indigo Prophecy  was a fine game (admittedly with a pretty dumb ending) but the first two thirds were lots of fun for me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 05:21:38 am »

Being born in the 70's, I was an Infrared Child.  My presence was felt, but largely ignored.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 06:26:38 am »

And Indigo Prophecy  was a fine game (admittedly with a pretty dumb ending) but the first two thirds were lots of fun for me.

Pretty much everyone told me how great Indigo Prophecy was and how much I would love it because I liked the old point-and-click adventure games. Then I got to the part where you wake up in your apartment, and I saw an indistinguishable blob on the floor. When I walked over to it, an icon I had no idea how to interpret appeared. I activated the icon and found that I was holding a bloody rag and the game would not let me put it down or even shove it in my pocket as a cop appeared and knocked at the door. I dunno, maybe I would've put up with that in an old point-and-click game after all but it was just the dumbest, least enjoyable aspect of those games and it was writ large right up front.
Logged

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 11:59:10 pm »

Yeah, you just have Developmental and Behavioral Problems, just like all the other kids who acted Crystal or Indigo before they decided Crystal or Indigo was a nicer way of saying "Developmental and Behavioral Problems."


I agree COMPLETELY.  In some of my education (teacher ed graduate level) courses, there was a tiny bit of crap about Indigo Children.  My first thought?  "Oh, another name for the Ferris-Bueller's-Day-Off-'what a little asshole!' sort of kid"  (you know, when the hilarious main office secretary sighs after dealing with Jeannie, and says, "What a little asshole"?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 03:59:47 pm »

I agree COMPLETELY.  In some of my education (teacher ed graduate level) courses, there was a tiny bit of crap about Indigo Children.  My first thought?  "Oh, another name for the Ferris-Bueller's-Day-Off-'what a little asshole!' sort of kid"  (you know, when the hilarious main office secretary sighs after dealing with Jeannie, and says, "What a little asshole"?

The apple didn't fall far from the tree in the case of the McCarthy spawn.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up