Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes  (Read 4260 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« on: August 15, 2006, 05:08:50 pm »

I myself am considering growing some "face fungus."
even though I realize that's a very "first week of college" thing to do. I leave in 7 days.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 05:48:42 pm »

No.  Do not grow a college mustache.  That is a bad idea. 

See, one needs a certain level of life experience to pull off a mustache.  Even if you are an accomplished young man, you can not pull of a 'stache.  It takes something special, something subversive inside to pull off a 'stache.  You basically have to be able to tell the sort of tales Paul tells to earn the right, is what I am saying.  I mean, no matter what, you haven't earned your stache until well after you've earned a degree. 

Have you ever been at a college convocation?  Have you ever noticed that every so often the dean whispers something in the ear of be person he/she is handing the diploma to?  What the dean is whispering to those select few is this:  "Okay Timothy - you've earned the right to facial hair now.  Go forth and make us proud."  And to the ladies?  The dean is whispering "Alright Janet, come back to me in six months: if you're still not shaving your pits, and into the Indigo Girls and George Elliot, you're officially part of the local lesbian cadre.  Otherwise, move in with that guy with the dreadlocks who ran Students Against the Treacherous Use of Fur, and don't show your face around my office anymore, okay?" 

These are the secrets you learn at the end of college.  Please try to act surprised.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »

no, it was going to be more of a beard thing.

my dad recently shaved off his 'stache, and I am basically distraught. I mean... he's had it since he was dating my mom. That is a long time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 07:06:32 pm »

Inev:  Do not spend your life trying to make up for the mistakes of your parents.  Especially if it wasn't a mistake. Did your father have just a mustache?  Because no one but Paul should have a mustache without a beard anyway.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 08:35:34 pm »

oh, no, the mustache looked good on him. without it his upper lip looks all...weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 11:10:36 pm »

Please, please, if you must develop college facial hair, use it responsibly. Do not use it like the dudes at my college who would start growing mustaches in the fall in order to have a "Stache Bash" after Spring Break, at which point they would shave it off again. Remember: a mustache is forever, not just for one bad dorm party a year!
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 12:16:22 am »

Besides for ancient photographs, I have never seen my father without a beard and mustache.
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 02:32:16 pm »

See, facial hair is fascinating, so I split the topics!

As for mustache/beard growing contests, I was at a party a couple weeks ago, held for a friend who has grown a serious "I'm getting my Master's Degree" style beard, and us girls were speaking fondly of men and their facial hair growing contests, and we all agreed that when we get old that we ladies will have a single strand facial hair growing contest - which old lady can grow the longest single strand of facial hair?  We'll have to wait and see.

Also, we then moved on to the topic of old ladies with beards or mustaches, and how sad these women make me.  For me, an old lady with a beard means that no one loves that old lady enough to help her out.  I don't want to be so alone in the world that no one will care to point out that I have grown a beard, or help me to remove it.  That is a sad state of affairs.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 05:40:31 pm »

yeah. the roads are diverging:
-girl who does not like kisses from me when I am fuzzy--> far far away for like 3 months.
-my facial hair grows pretty fast
-I basically hate shaving
-I think it will look good.

so, yes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 06:57:24 pm »

Yowzah!  Being compaired to Tim Allen is a perfectly good reason to grow facial hair.  I mean, if that's not a reason, what is, right?  However... I found this lovely, recent picture of you... er... I mean... Tim Allen... with the exact facial hair you describe.  I think he grew it to play Captain Zoom.  You'd think films like this are.. marketed at the boy.  Can I call you Captain Zoom from now on Ash?

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 08:06:21 pm »

Yowzah!  Being compaired to Tim Allen is a perfectly good reason to grow facial hair.  I mean, if that's not a reason, what is, right?  However... I found this lovely, recent picture of you... er... I mean... Tim Allen... with the exact facial hair you describe.  I think he grew it to play Captain Zoom.  You'd think films like this are.. marketed at the boy.  Can I call you Captain Zoom from now on Ash?

I dunno, is being compared to Cactus Jack really that much better?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 12:30:40 pm »

The kids are into beards these days.  I blame the Band of hosss.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 04:04:57 pm »

i basically hate it when something that I was planning on doing anyway ends up being hip. I want to grow a beard because I've always wanted a beard, damnit!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 06:49:52 pm »

So do it anyway.  Don't let the trendsters control you either way. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 07:01:06 pm »

But, it's not hip... things people on message boards think are hip are the opposite of hip.  Also, the friend of which I spoke of with the "Master's degree" beard is definitly not hip, and the mustache/beard competitions I've witnessed have all been the opposite of cool.  But then I tend to always think facil hair is never as attractive as a clean shaven face, and that beards are the height of uncoolness because my dad always had a beard.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up