Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes  (Read 4250 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 07:52:59 pm »

no, it is hip in "indie" circles to have a beard. I don't know why.

this was covered in "Questionable Content" not long ago.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 08:52:39 pm »

yeah, I mean, I hate shaving more than I hate looking like a "hipster." so.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 09:04:17 pm »

I do not think it is true that having a beard is a hipster thing. I do not have a beard because I am hip, I have a beard because I have never shaved.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 09:10:53 pm »

no, it is hip in "indie" circles to have a beard. I don't know why.

this was covered in "Questionable Content" not long ago.

Nobody's opinion matters but yours.  And possibly the person that you're regularly having sexual relations with.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 09:47:56 pm »

see, that's why I'm set!

we aren't having "regular sexual relations" (or even "abnormal sexual relations"!), and she's going to be about 12 hours away by car!
Awesome!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 10:00:33 pm »

The hipsters over here pride themselves on sporting baby-like faces.

My beard intimidates them, I can sense it.  (facial hair gives you wolf-like senses)
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 10:05:03 pm »

no, it is hip in "indie" circles to have a beard. I don't know why.

this was covered in "Questionable Content" not long ago.

But I am in indie circles.. not indie music... indie theatre... and I'm telling you I think the indie theatre guys I know with beards are losers!  Therefore you will be counter culture to my counter culture if you decide to grow a beard.  Hence you will be cool.  See.  It all... adds up....
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 12:19:59 am »

no, it is hip in "indie" circles to have a beard. I don't know why.

this was covered in "Questionable Content" not long ago.

I blame Sam Beam of Iron & Wine.

Were you alluding to the Makeout Hobo?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mustaches: Split from TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 07:34:50 pm »

no.

it was a one where they say "huh, all the indie boys are growing beards now."

and the boy says it is because then when you shave, all the ladies want to touch your soft, non-fuzzy face.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up