Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!  (Read 4798 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mkilly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • Glitter & Twang
Logged
I never age at all, never die, unlike all the stars in the sky I'll be young forever and why?--'cause I'm a vampire.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 04:56:51 pm »

Ray's thoughtful expression as he imagines someone rocking his can is wonderful. Oh god, does that make me gay?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 04:58:29 pm »

I tried imaging it but now all I can think of is pegging. Thanks a lot, Linnea!



Call me!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 05:06:11 pm »

It looks like they're walking pretty briskly there, especially in the second panel.  Nervous energy, or just a significant jaunt from the entrance to what ever room their headed to?

"Hair falls off my body and sometimes there is gas" is also just lovely.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 05:07:13 pm »

No, the topic should be 'Hair falls off my body and sometimes there is gas!"  I know it's not as relevant to the main point, but it is the best line.



edit:  Ha, see, I am right, because Side_Show (the real author) simultaneously agrees with me (the wannabe who obviously writes a great query letter but can't seem to get an agent to follow all the way through....)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

spex

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 05:27:01 pm »

In the first frame, it looks like Ray is about to stick his hand in a pocket in his belly. For some reason, that's really weirding me out.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 05:33:01 pm »

I'm glad the arc ain't over yet. Pat's exchanges with the rest of the cast are gonna be the shit.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 05:38:00 pm »

no. The best line is "dang! I never thought it would be like this! a dude is rockin' my can!"

partially because that is what this guy I know will be saying soon. He is the most obvious in-denial gay fellow I have ever met. And he just found out his roommate at school is "totally gay."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 06:34:40 pm »

Ray is the greatest.  That is all.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 08:05:07 pm »

The phrase "a guy is rocking my can" is so good that, were I a bad person, I would now be compelled to write Achewood slash fiction just to work it in as many times as possible. "Hair falls off my body and sometimes there is gas" is also classic, especially the weird Muscular Ray Arms that accent it -- did he just score a field goal?

Once again, this strip proves that dialogue is the essential component of a good Achewood strip. How boring could this have been otherwise? (The correct answer is "extremely boring and lame.")
Logged

xzqx

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 08:53:26 pm »

In the first frame, it looks like Ray is about to stick his hand in a pocket in his belly. For some reason, that's really weirding me out.

Yes, like he is a marsupial and that is his pouch! Shit I want a belly pocket. I'd keep all kinds of crap in there.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 10:27:23 pm »

Yes, like he is a marsupial and that is his pouch! Shit I want a belly pocket. I'd keep all kinds of crap in there.

xzqx - you have a pu$$y.  You can keep things in your pu$$y.  I know a guy (who is gay, as per the topic at hand), and he was totally facinated with this idea.  He was really mystified by pu$$ys, and their lack of value to him.  He kept asking me why I wasn't using my pu$$y to carry things around.  He really wanted me to put it to some use, since it was basically usless to his c*ck.  I wasn't up to the challenge xzqx, but maybe you are.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 10:31:44 pm »

It's my understanding that pu$$ys are really only shaped to carry a specific payload shape. 

Also, in using the term "payload" I also want to use the phrase "pu$$yl deployment".  Though, for ease, you may want to pick up some kind of tube.  That should facilitate other odds and ends being stored pu$$ylly.   I'm picturing the kind of tube you'd keep eyeglasses in. 

Paper clips, pocket knife, anything really.

A spare set of glasses!

Show, your gay friend was an innovator.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 11:36:18 pm »

A spare set of glasses!

I dunno if I'd need a spare, but I would sure like to carry around some cleaning solution.  Perhaps I should just have more of an "open mind."



Anyway, maybe Pat has changed a bit.  He is offended and all he offers is, "Not cool, Ray." ?  He's gone soft.
Logged
ACHIEVE

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 12:22:16 am »

Anyway, maybe Pat has changed a bit.  He is offended and all he offers is, "Not cool, Ray." ?  He's gone soft.

If Pat is going soft while a dude is rocking his can, he may have bigger problems than Ray can help with.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up