Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong  (Read 5293 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:38:48 am »

Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:15:23 pm »

Oh, dude.  Achewood jumped the shark such as two years ago.  Richie isn't even in the show anymore, replaced by his cousin Roger.

C'mon - you gotta love alt-text that references a board meme.  The strip is now permanently about a baby.  Why not?

Just imagine that today's strip replaced the words "WE RETURN FRIDAY" and it's like a little bonus.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 02:31:36 pm »

I assumed it referenced this alt-text. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 02:33:53 pm »

I assumed it referenced this alt-text. 

Which, again, was in reference to discussions here.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 02:34:12 pm »

Recursion'd!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 03:50:52 pm »

Oh come on, strips about babies are awesome.  Everybody loves Marvin, and Baby Blues... don't they?  Don't they?

Also, mrchee gets a can for showing me a picture of Fonzie.  Seeing Fonzie makes my day.

edit: Mr Q, if you wanted that to be an acurate image of Onstad, we'd see only knees and feet vaulting over a shark.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 03:52:31 pm »

edit: Mr Q, if you wanted that to be an acurate image of Onstad, we'd see only knees and feet vaulting over a shark.



Please please never equate me to Bobby again, I'm pretty sure he feels the same way I do about it.. all queasy.  :P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 03:54:09 pm »

so, what am I missing? jumping a shark? fonzie? what is the relation??
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 03:56:49 pm »

Google is your friend, young Jedi.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 04:12:06 pm »

so, what am I missing? jumping a shark? fonzie? what is the relation??

Aww, they're so cute when they're young! 

Since you're clearly too busy growing facial hair, here's what you need to know:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_shark
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 04:23:29 pm »

Aww, they're so cute when they're young! 

Since you're clearly too busy growing facial hair, here's what you need to know:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_shark

After reading that he's going to suddenly get a whole slew of jokes and references retroactively. I can think of at least 2 parts on the Simpsons that will suddenly make a lot more sense to him.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 04:46:46 pm »

yeah, um, never watched the simpsons at all.

see, that was one of those cases where once I saw the explanation, I remembered hearing something about this before.

my girlfriend's dad almost-literally jumped a shark this past weekend.
it's a long story, but basically he was body surfing, and there was a shark inside the wave. scary.

of course, when he tells the story it takes about 20 minutes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 05:25:27 pm »

After reading that he's going to suddenly get a whole slew of jokes and references retroactively. I can think of at least 2 parts on the Simpsons that will suddenly make a lot more sense to him.

Let alone the more recent Simpsons making a lot more sense in general, or at least having a term to describe it.
Fnar.

Seriously though, everyone argues over when the Simpsons jumped... That's the thing, it's not a universal thing, although I think the fact it did at some point probably almost is.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 05:40:54 pm »

Pile it on, sycophants.  I wanna see how many I can get


---------


Simpsons jumped a while ago.  It had something to do with a T-shirt gun...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:34:58 pm by mrchee »
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up