Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong  (Read 5270 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 05:45:16 pm »

Let alone the more recent Simpsons making a lot more sense in general, or at least having a term to describe it.
Fnar.

Seriously though, everyone argues over when the Simpsons jumped... That's the thing, it's not a universal thing, although I think the fact it did at some point probably almost is.

I was talking about the two episodes where the actually show characters jumping sharks.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 08:23:56 pm »

I was talking about the two episodes where the actually show characters jumping sharks.

Yes yes, I know. I was trying to be smart... But indeed, look at the big red, sooty mark that is my face.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 10:17:02 pm »

i don't know, achewood has always had its ups and downs. i thought it had been getting worse and worse until like 6 months and it's pretty decent for a while now. but yeah that last two weeks or so have been kind of lame.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 10:54:14 pm »

The cutoff point after which one may complain about an artist or merchant or craftsman's (inter alia) drop in quality is when that drop exceeds the kvetcher's natural, human tendency to have variations in productivity and quality of output. Onstad having a few bad days? Who here can say they've never been "off" for a day, a week, a month, even a year? On the other hand, User Friendly (for example) has consistently been unfunny, far beyond my worst stretches in life.

Jough gets a free pass to complain because he's consistently been a jackass for the past three years, never varying one iota in his ability to heave vitriol upon the slightest of transgressions.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 11:33:20 pm »

consistently been a jackass for the past three years, never varying one iota in his ability to heave vitriol upon the slightest of transgressions.

Daaaaaaaaaamn.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 11:37:51 pm »

Daaaaaaaaaamn.

No, no! It's a compliment!
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 02:31:38 am »

there was a shark inside the wave.

I've had days like that.  "A crap man, shark in my desk drawer, what are ya gonna do."
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 07:33:24 pm »

so, it occured to me...

now that that father my girlfriend has jumped a shark, does the rest of his life just get worse and worse?

it would be cool if it did, and it was because he constantly told the shark story.

I mean, it's already getting worse. his daughter is dating a boy who basically made his wife have a mental breakdown because he talked about thongs. Oh shit, that was me! that was both horrible and awesome!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 09:44:06 am »


I mean, it's already getting worse. his daughter is dating a boy who basically made his wife have a mental breakdown because he talked about thongs. Oh shit, that was me! that was both horrible and awesome!

You gave a woman a psychotic break by speaking of thongs?

I'll never understand life in the red states.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ACHEWOOD - I hope I'm wrong
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 02:54:57 pm »

ok, not so much a psychotic breakdown...
the issue was that her son had just purchased a poster for his room. which was a rear view of two nice-looking ladies in thongs. she was completely freaking out. and I tried to lighten the mood by making a few jokes.

the look on her face was such that I said "I think I'll leave now." and then walked out of the house.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up