Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Navy Visitors!  (Read 7709 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Welcome Navy Visitors!
« on: August 17, 2006, 01:27:09 pm »

After people with .com domains, .navy.mil is the SECOND most traffic that we get here at TOUAMB (for whatever reason), so I would like to extend a welcome to our navy guests.  Don't be naval gazers, fellas - sign up and say hello.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:38:27 pm »

Heh.  I occasionally come in from a navy.mil IP.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 02:16:51 pm »

Huh, I figured my refresh rate alone would have .org in the top spot.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 02:22:35 pm »

Cort, it only counts unique visitors.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 02:57:02 pm »

Cort, it only counts unique visitors.

I was joking. But that aside, don't Comcast users show up as .net? I would think that with it being the largest cable company and big-ass ISP that it would at least give .net a shot at the #2 spot at a lot of sites.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 03:01:35 pm »

I'm just mentioning the total of incoming host names (incidentally, comcast is always .com in host name lookups, as is Verizon) and after .com .navy.mil is next.  Then .org, oddly enough, and then .net.

AOL is pretty low on the list for this site, and the top ISP is rr.com, which is Road Runner, at about 40% of our incoming traffic.

FUN WITH STATS

Also fun with stats is to see which users are adding or deducting karma, and which users seem to be removing cans from many users once per hour.  I'm looking at you, Fooker.

Are we going to have to go back to the arbitrary can distribution system again?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 03:20:16 pm »

I'm just mentioning the total of incoming host names (incidentally, comcast is always .com in host name lookups, as is Verizon) and after .com .navy.mil is next.  Then .org, oddly enough, and then .net.

I guess what was throwing me was those signature graphics that people have sometimes that tell your browser, ISP, and operating system. They always seem to say "Your ISP is Comcast.net!" when I'm at home. At work I'm all about the .org, baby.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 03:39:18 pm »

Helloooo Sailor!

That is odd though...  Maybe the navy is secretly using this message board to distribute coded messages.  "*****" means "attack at dawn."  "hoss" means "we have located Bin Laden."  "#####" means "Georege Double-yuh will arrive at your ship's port next Tuesday." "fuck*ng" means "gay pegging orgy tonight in the mess hall."  All sorts of secret goings on.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 03:48:25 pm »

"fuck*ng" means "gay pegging orgy tonight in the mess hall."  All sorts of secret goings on.

*"In the Navy" by the Village People all playing in the background*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 04:02:19 pm »

Here's some photo evidence for you.  Notice how they are standing very close to each other, but not touching.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 05:20:37 pm »

Here's some photo evidence for you.  Notice how they are standing very close to each other, but not touching.

Quite the slightly askew knee pose.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 08:57:14 pm »

Also fun with stats is to see which users are adding or deducting karma, and which users seem to be removing cans from many users once per hour.  I'm looking at you, Fooker.

Is that what's happening? I thought that someone had targeted me personally because I was regularly losing cans no matter what I did. It made me sad to think that somebody had a vendetta against me that I did not know about.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 09:56:37 pm »

Is that what's happening? I thought that someone had targeted me personally because I was regularly losing cans no matter what I did. It made me sad to think that somebody had a vendetta against me that I did not know about.

See, I would like to think that people have vendettas against me, but I'm forced to conclude that I'm just that unpleasant and that tiny can deductions represent the due shanking that can't take place over the internet. For you, though, it'd have to be a vendetta.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 10:22:24 pm »

it'd have to be a vendetta.

Does this mean..  V is for Vendetta?


*runs away very very fast*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 11:10:48 pm »

Does this mean..  V is for Vendetta?


*runs away very very fast*

Dude, you're laughing, but I have been actively accused of having a vendetta against somebody over the Internet. (I did not like her Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanfiction, and I told her so. That, of course, makes me history's worst criminal.)
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up