Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant  (Read 6024 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 08:01:33 pm »

I am glad that I was not the only one imagining that a result of this arc would be Pat getting together with Chucklebot, but I am terrified that I had the same thought as Bobby in this regard.

Also, this strip is okay. The Mulligan is pretty funny, and "the gay closet" is also classic, but the rest just sort of is. That's okay. I can dig it.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 08:40:16 pm »

in other news: how long can my ears "ring" before it means something really bad? is 15 hours a long time for this to be going on?
I never thought 1 concert could make me entirely re-consider my guitar tone. But goddamn, that treble is painful.

Hey t_i, Spinal Tap called, they want their amplifier back.

Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 08:42:41 pm »

Personally, I love how Ray watches his ball, dramatically, while it takes Teodor a while to realize that Ray's not going to look at him, and finally turns to watch the ball all huffy-like.

Also, any vehicle covered in political bumperstickers* would likely fit in well with vehicles owned by gay people, though not all politicized vehicles are owned by a gay.  This is because logical statements are not always commutative.

*Except the stickers about Phelps being right.  Those probably do not fit in.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 01:49:13 am »

Personally, I love how Ray watches his ball, dramatically, while it takes Teodor a while to realize that Ray's not going to look at him, and finally turns to watch the ball all huffy-like.


See, I just read that as the kind of natural way a golfing partner will, while talking, eventually turn to look at just how far (off course) the ball is flying in a situation like that. I'd been going to comment on how wonderfully subtle I felt that played out, as I didn't read it as huffy at all.
I guess that's the kind of wonderment Achewood can bring us, such personal takes and so forth. Either that or I'm just really, really wrong about it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 04:00:04 am »

I don't know, all the gay fellas I knew in Denver all drove terribly butch pickup trucks, even the ones who were mincing, prancing Nellies.

I don't know why or how Ray knows all this about gay porn. Plus, Pat is waaaay too much of a dick for Ray to be buying him a sedan. However, he did buy a cherried-out '65 Ford Galaxie for Beef, so maybe he just likes buying his homeboys a decent ride. Heh. That sentence could be misconstrued in a different context. Heh.

Also, I am sitting at home after having burned through 200 rounds out at the range. I am also drinking a delicious beer. The ridiculous liquor store ran out of Alaskan Amber for about 2 months, which was frustrating. However, they have it now, it has been months since I've been out shooting, and I am relaxing with some of my favorite rituals (listening to music, surfing the intarwub, drinkin' a beer, having just freshly henna'd my hair. I also have some wash in the laundry. Today is a pretty damn fine day).  I have a badass .357 that belonged to my friend's grandfather, and it was his grandfather's sidearm (who was the head of homicide in Portland) right before his granddad retired. It's a S&W and my friend casts his own bullets, so I have like 500 rounds that he's poured for me. I usually practice with 38 special rounds, but I also have some wicked .357 magnums that damn near take my arm off with the recoil. I love being a badass, tough Alaskan girl. 
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 04:39:06 am »

I like what Onstad's been doing with background business lately.  He's going that extra mile and delivering a joke in the action in addition to the dialogue.  Imagine how many strips could have been saved if only he'd come across this idea (common in Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes) earlier.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 05:45:34 am »

your friend's granddad was in charge of all the Homicides in portland for a while. wow. you have a gun which is hell of such as a "widowmaker."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 05:53:42 am »

your friend's granddad was in charge of all the Homicides in portland for a while. wow. you have a gun which is hell of such as a "widowmaker."

Heh! I got it and learned how to shoot when the crazy ass shit with the stalker was going on. Head of homicide at the police department, not the Underworld don of greater Portland.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 07:54:39 pm »

Heh! I got it and learned how to shoot when the crazy ass shit with the stalker was going on. Head of homicide at the police department, not the Underworld don of greater Portland.

Is there a seedy underground in Portland?   Excellent!  I just moved there on Saturday.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 08:13:25 pm »

Is there a seedy underground in Portland?   Excellent!  I just moved there on Saturday.

Portland is basically awesome, right on down to the Junkies shooting up under the pier.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time there I can say.  May I recommend you get pitchers of Terminator as soon as you can.  (I'm not big on beer but man oh man, fun times were had.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 09:41:33 pm »

Excellent!   I won't have a chance to attempt such things until I return next weekend.

I'm back in my hometown finishing out the last week before my transfer is completed, my family and worldly goods are down in 'The O.C.'.

That leaves me, freshly turned 30, living in my parent's basement.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 03:25:10 am »

in other news: how long can my ears "ring" before it means something really bad? is 15 hours a long time for this to be going on?
I never thought 1 concert could make me entirely re-consider my guitar tone. But goddamn, that treble is painful.

Do yourself a favor. Buy some earplugs and wear them when you go to a show. You'll still be able to hear people talking close to you*, you will still be able to hear the music, and your ears will thank you. This also works well at the gun range, but is EXTRA IMPORTANT there.

*When some sniping bitch next to you at the show turns to her boyfriend and starts talking shit loudly about "I never understood why people wear earplugs at concerts...that is so stupid" you can look at her with your earplugs firmly implanted and say, "Because I don't want to be the bitch that thinks she can talk shit loudly due to profound hearing loss."
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 18 August 2006: Gay guys think like in an instant
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 04:14:01 am »

Earplugs and cans dear. Please use both at the range, 'cause you're only cutting 20-25db with most plugs.

ALSO: I worked over 200 concerts as a security fascist and only went without my plugs a few times. It's prolly why I can hear today. I left them out for an Lita Ford/Anthrax/Ozzy New Year's gig once and didn't recover for a few days, though.


That is a hella good idea, Ash. I really ought to get earmuffs, and there's no excuse for not wearing them. I should get some with my next Cabela's order. We have a wonderful outdoor range and I am typically only there with my shooting buddy Dan, so I am typically only exposed to small amounts of gunfire. However, you can REALLY tell the difference between the .38 special rounds that I use for practice, and the .357 Magnum slugs that I keep for home defense and bust out at the range on special occasions when I'm feeling sassy. GodDAMN that's some ridiculous recoil. It makes me wish I had a shooting glove to keep my dainty li'l hands from getting chapped when I fire hollowpoint lead slugs into cardboard cutouts shaped like stalkers.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up