Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane  (Read 3139 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« on: August 19, 2006, 12:13:40 am »

Why?  Because, even though I still haven't seen it, and I'm already tired of it, I think a movie with this epic level of buzz deserves a thread.  I'm going to see it later tonight, and then you will all have my (surely inspired and insightful) thoughts on it.  In the meantime, anyone seen it already?  Is it worth $9 to see Sam Jackson skewer and taser snakes for an hour and a half?
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 12:18:21 am »

I just read that some of the snakes are computer generated. I am heartbroken.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 12:36:01 am »

I just read that some of the snakes are computer generated. I am heartbroken.

There were at least enough real snakes for the movie's snake handler to go on a talk show with a bunch of the snakes from the movie. They seemed like okay snakes.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 01:20:28 am »

I was a Barnes & Noble today and they had "Snakes on a Sudoku"


I almost wept.


Not with joy.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 01:45:40 am »

I was a Barnes & Noble today and they had "Snakes on a Sudoku"


And that ladies and gentlemen...

See my post in the Slither topic... *sigh*
Plus, the review from the critic I like wasn't entirely favourable, having seen the first showing last night.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 03:47:51 am »

I just saw it, and I can honestly say that, aside from a miniscule portion of the money that went toward my education and possibly the food that has kept me alive, I have never spent $8 better in all my life.  This movie was everything I had hoped for, and so much more.  Think Con Air with snakes, except that nobody making it takes it seriously, so it is just filled with the most over-the-top, ridiculous shit back to back.  Everyone in the theatre burst into applause when the snakes first appeared, and when Samuel L. Jackson delivered quite possibly the best line in the history of cinema: "I am sick of these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane!"

Hot damn, I am still recovering.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 03:54:22 am »

And I live in a place with no theatre within 800 miles. Go me.

I'm all kinds of stoked to see the movie, since I'm an Overcompensating/Jeffrey Rowland fan. He had that shirt with snakes flying a plane, and now he's some kind of millionaire cowboy poet hacker stuntman who's on the intarwub all the time.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 04:42:55 am »

Maybe it was Snakes on a Plane that made J. Ro go Col. Kurtz on us.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 05:16:04 am »

Maybe it was Snakes on a Plane that made J. Ro go Col. Kurtz on us.

Colonel Kurtz? As in Scott Kurtz of PvP fame? I have to admit, I don't get the reference, and I've had enough beer that I'm too lazy to CJ it for myself. Please spoon feed it to me, jough.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 05:20:37 am »

I'm thinking of Martin Sheen going Keith Moon on his hotel room in the beginning of Acapulco Calypso Now (it's a dance movie).

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 05:42:04 am »

"what's it about?"
"SNAKES ON A MOTHERfuck*ng PLANE!"
"oh. I guess... oh."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 10:02:52 am »

I think cinema just did a 1080 snowboard trick over the shark.






The Museum of Moving Image sent me an e-mail:  "Just forget about it, dude.  Game over, man, game over."
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 02:18:28 pm »

I am encouraged by Mlle. Hobot's review, although still worried about the computer generated snakes, about which some reviewers have been snarky.  Perhaps they would be less obvious if I wait for the DVD and watch it on a tiny crummy screen?

Also I would like to once again in this more appropriate thread recommend the tshirt.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 09:40:33 pm »

I'm thinking of Martin Sheen going Keith Moon on his hotel room in the beginning of Acapulco Calypso Now (it's a dance movie).

jough.  proving daily why he is the ruler of all things. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 06:00:04 am »

I think cinema just did a 1080 snowboard trick over the shark.

Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up