Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane  (Read 3123 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 12:20:23 pm »

I love how sometimes our threads split, and sometimes they converge.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 04:20:27 pm »

I'm not planning on seeing it, but I think SoaP will do pretty decently in Britain. I don't think there's nearly as much general hype, but it's all quite tongue-in-cheek and god knows a send up is something we can all appreciate.

A few weeks ago they had the trailer, and as it finished with the dramatic title reading (Snakes... ON A PLANE) the whole cinema pretty much burst out laughing. It was all new to them, see.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 05:25:04 am »

Saw it, loved it.

Seriously the first movie I have walked away from in ages with no regrets. It just tries to be exactly what it is.
For that matter it helped that I don't think anyone in the movie did anything really obviously stupid, I hate when that happens, but most of the characters were internally consistant.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Snakes On A Motherfuck*ng Plane
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 05:28:58 am »

I wrote about my love of SoaP somewhere.  I thought it was here.

It completely delivered on everything I'd ever wanted from a film titled Snakes on a Plane.

I haven't laughed harder at a movie in years as when a certain thing happened in this movie.  I was the only one laughing, uncontrollably, and I was getting angry stares and tsks from people around me, which only compelled me to laugh harder.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up