Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS  (Read 6177 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08212006

I really couldn't figure out the right title for the thread though.
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Classic A-wood for me, like walking into the middle of a conversation that makes no sense but is just awesome as hell.
Also can we get Besington Butters as one of the rankings?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest

We definitely need a ranking for AKKOLADE, or at least for his skeleton.

My thought about this strip: "Wait, if Ray is the size of a regular cat, isn't that a crazy-tiny owl? How cute would that owl be if compared to a human? Eeeek!"
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace

We definitely need a ranking for AKKOLADE, or at least for his skeleton.

Definitely... AKKOLADE's Skeleton!
(I just wanted to write that is all... It looks so good.)

Is it wrong that I've always secretly wanted a crazy-tiny owl?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

Does that owl look really pissed, or is it just Onstad's rendering?

Anyway, my props to misterqueue for eerily foreshadowing this.

Also, AKKOLADE's jacket over his shoulders immediately reminded me of Chris Christmas Rodriguez.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

I hate it when a strip ignores me.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

that owl should have been huge, man.

it could have been a contender.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Ray's thing should have been Armor of God PJ's.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Bensington Butters should be more... a 1920's Captain of Industry.   All wearing a top hat and monocle.  All oppressing the people.

Or maybe Bensington Butters: Man of Adventure!  All hanging from a helicopter.  All saving the orphans from the shark/ape fight happening right in the cafeteria.

Basically that name has hell of possibilities but not Nancy Drew at press conferences is all I am saying.

Also, I contend that AKKOLADE's mouth is less a mouth and more of some sort of Loony Tunes Mountain Tunnel cica 1956. 

Sincerely,
Q
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

It's all about the eyebrows.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Anyway, my props to misterqueue for eerily foreshadowing this.

Heh, I had forgotten about that.  Thank you.  Though really that just reminds me I shouldn't post in head hurty states.*



* Also, cocks.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

AKKOLADE reminds me of Marlon Brando in his later days.  And then I imagine him as Truckosaurus, saying "You crazy car, I don't know whether to kiss you or eat you!"

Does that owl look really pissed, or is it just Onstad's rendering?

I think the owl looks pissed.  Delightfully, adorably pissed.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Jesus Christ on a bike, I am terribly sorry that I read that strip. Something about Akkolade CREEPS ME THE HELL OUT. AUUUUGH
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

maybe the owl is so pissed because he is tiny.

I'm sorry, I really don't care, I just feel like mentioning this a large number of times.

and yes, Akkolade is horrifying.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile

I thought Bensington Butters was supposed to be really proud of his eyes.  So proud that he has a codicil in his contract stating you must look at his eyes.  Now I don't know but wearing sunglasses don't seem to be saying I am prouod of my eyes.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up