Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS  (Read 6193 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace

Something about Akkolade CREEPS ME THE HELL OUT. AUUUUGH

His skeleton?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

1. Acquire owl.
2. ???????????
3. Profit.

It actually seems plausible.  I have just thought of numerous situations where an owl would cause prosperity... but at a moral cost.







Anyway, what about Ben and AK?  Do you think these gimmicks would prove to be successful marketing in today's music industry?  I'd say probably so.  The Nancy Drew Stonewall is interesting, but it would have to be done by a rap artist and he would have to read it angrily - not laid back like Bensington seems to think he can get away with - it must be menacing.  However, the press conference would need a large audience of exposure, and I do not believe this is the case with press conferences in today's industry.  The faux-lip sync from an overweight man would also probably be successful, most strongly in a Star Search-type setting or Showtime At The Apollo.  Additionally, the man would have be sweating during the performance, and must be slightly out of breath at the end.  On second thought, this would probably be a failure, technically, since the outlet is not mainstream enough to reach the desired exposure.  The idea would not be go over in a music video, never surpassing cult status.

My vote:  ND Stonewall - plausible.
              Lip Syncin' Hammy - failure.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 06:27:58 pm by robot_god »
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

Ah, but there are tiny owls.  I've seen Tawny Owls at the zoo, and they are quite small, about the size of a pigeon.  They're very cute, and I have a friend named Tawny, which is why I remember them.  It is possible, size wise anyway.

Also, yes - that owl looks pissed, but wouldn't you be pissed?

Also, Ray standing next to an owl is like Goofy standing next to Pluto, I mean, WTF?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Ah, but there are tiny owls.

Tiny Owl!


It can fit in your palm I swear!  Shame about that damned Tapetum Lucidum though.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Anyway, my props to misterqueue for eerily foreshadowing this.

He didn't foreshadow it.  Onstad got the idea from reading the forum.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile

This strip completes me.

Let me just say that I love owls. I love owl.

everyday is owl?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

He didn't foreshadow it.  Onstad got the idea from reading the forum.


Or more specifically from reading ME BABY!  WHO'S THE TOUGH GUY NOW, WORLD?! </Zoidberg>
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile

So, so wonderful.  ;D
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest

This strip completes me.

Let me just say that I love owls. I love owl.

everyday is owl?

Thank you, sir, for mentioning the only thing to ever come out of 4chan that is not a hideous, festering offense against God and man.

I, too, like owls.

That's all.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Tiny Owl!


It can fit in your palm I swear!  Shame about that damned Tapetum Lucidum though.

Sorry, but it's not a tiny owl unless you have to put it next to a coin or paperclip for scale. That would be a tiny owl.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Ah, but there are tiny owls.  I've seen Tawny Owls at the zoo, and they are quite small, about the size of a pigeon.  They're very cute, and I have a friend named Tawny, which is why I remember them.  It is possible, size wise anyway.

Also, yes - that owl looks pissed, but wouldn't you be pissed?

Also, Ray standing next to an owl is like Goofy standing next to Pluto, I mean, WTF?

Dude, I have no idea why he scares me so much, but Akkolade is just fuckin' creepy.

A Tawny, tiny owl is an awesome description. Also, smells, you have a friend named Tawny? Was her sister named Ruby? Were her parents big fans of Port? Yikes.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

Tawny is a common Chinese name for girls, so sadly no, her brother and sister both have non-exciting names unrelated to colour.

Akkolade is puffed up.  Puffed up, like and owl. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile

Of the affected eccentricities, Ray's seems kind of weak. I mean, it's an owl. A small, very angry looking owl but an owl all the same.

Bensington's Nancy Drew reading could work, but it can come off a bit too obviously affected, instead of the genuine eccentriticy of music label genius. Akkolade, while frightening, suffers from an extreme case of trying way too hard. This is the equivilent of the guy at college who tops off his everyday wearing of a top hat by placing bright, colorful feathers in the band, and then maybe replacing the band with a custom band made of silver conchos.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com

Of the affected eccentricities, Ray's seems kind of weak. I mean, it's an owl. A small, very angry looking owl but an owl all the same.
We don't know what happens with the owl yet.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Owls cannot move their eyes inside their sockets. That owl has mexican magical realism.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up