Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood fanimation  (Read 3174 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Achewood fanimation
« on: August 23, 2006, 04:34:10 am »

This is what happens when I'm bored.

I find things that are best not to be found.

I apologize in advance for proliferating this but...

Scarier than fan fic.

Sweet, yet, as they say, poor quality.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 04:51:56 am »

Hoo boy, that 3D Ray looks like something straight out of The Galerie Abominate.

And being as bored as you right now, s_s, I couldn't help checking the third video under the "achewood" tag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ZsGBVd0W4
As I said, I was bored, but not so much as to follow that to the end. Can anyone make out those lyrics?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 05:00:26 am »

"Three days/Three Nights/Three Acres(?)/Three Thousand Maaaaan/Fight." 

Yeah, I was listening to that when I posted the other two, but since it was music, not, as I said "fanimation" I left it out.  Also, I had searched "Chris Onstad" first after watching a James Kochalka interview, you know, in search of a way to put a face to the foot.  Anyway, when it comes to these living room rockers, the lead singer looks sort of like a younger Russell Crowe, they don't suck, but, I feel so very indifferent.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:36 am »

The major attraction in that "Great Outdoor Fight" video is the shot of the frightened-looking, hairless calico cat in the hallway. Calico hairless cats: is there any lifeform on Earth uglier than those poor fuckers?

Also, do the floating speech bubbles in the "Hugs Not Bombs" animation weird out anyone else?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 10:41:26 am »

The hugs one at least had cute music to it.

The first one however.  Ray does not sound like that.. not at all.  I want to wash my eyes and ears with lye and go on a mental sabbatical after seeing that thing.  So... so cold.  *Rocking back and forth*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 12:29:33 pm »

Not only does Ray not even sound remotely like that, sa you say, but I'm not sure he's actually thatfat either. His belly sticks out a fair bit, but not the rest of him!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 01:32:38 pm »

Ray sounds like Scatman Crothers.  I will NOT argue about this.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 01:50:57 pm »

I always kinda hear him like Howlin' Wolf in a "Smokestack Lightnin'" kinda way.

Unless he's trying to play it smooth, then I hear him as some sort of weird mixture of Huggy Bear and "The Ladies Man" without the lisp.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 02:27:47 pm »

I only watched Smells' animation and the Judas Priest Friday one. They were both pretty awesome, but Ray's screaming voice sounded different from his talking voice. Also, I loved smells' animation, as that strip is one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:37:36 pm by linnea »
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 03:08:01 pm »

Also, do the floating speech bubbles in the "Hugs Not Bombs" animation weird out anyone else?

Definitely. Funny how they come flying from somewhere to meet the characters' mouths, instead of originating from them. It shows either some unawareness of the workings of speech bubbles, or some metaphorical intent that has yet to be glimpsed.

I loved smells' animation.

Now hold on a second…
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 06:06:58 pm »

Linnea, the animation is not done by me, I just found it while poking around on You Tube.  Just as you are not Cleopatra, I am not the creator of this artwork.  Sorry kid.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 06:46:21 pm »


The first one however.  Ray does not sound like that.. not at all.

He certainly does not. It made me very cross.

I like the Hugs one though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 08:50:17 pm »

Linnea, the animation is not done by me, I just found it while poking around on You Tube.  Just as you are not Cleopatra, I am not the creator of this artwork.  Sorry kid.

I think this is where I point out that I found these URLs on you tube.  Do these interest you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUdU8Q0nAo
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7LxvhM_bo
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 11:47:58 pm »

I think this is where I point out that I found these URLs on you tube.  Do these interest you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUdU8Q0nAo
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7LxvhM_bo

They look familiar to me, as if I'd seen them just a few posts ago....
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood fanimation
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 02:11:33 am »

Linnea, the animation is not done by me, I just found it while poking around on You Tube.  Just as you are not Cleopatra, I am not the creator of this artwork.  Sorry kid.

Damn. I guess I misread your post, and I didn't bother to check Jack or Shit at YouTube. Anyway, I love it.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up