Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS  (Read 3729 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« on: August 23, 2006, 07:23:36 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08232006

Uh, how does one *accidentally* spend an afternoon "watchin' video clips of rally cars plowin' into crowds"?

edit: the last panel is truly a piece of art.

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 07:29:17 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08232006

Uh, how does one *accidentally* spend an afternoon "watchin' video clips of rally cars plowin' into crowds"?

edit: the last panel is truly a piece of art.



I've spent an afternoon doing things accidentally. Playing Civ IV springs immediately to mind.

Beef was all, "Man, why am I even watching this clip? This is horrible....But I have to see what the title of the next one refers to....I'll just finish watching all the ones on this page I'm already halfway through" then four hours later he calls Ray.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 07:31:37 pm »

I guess now we know why today's strip was late.

But Freak-Out Beff is always delightful to see.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 07:36:49 pm »

I know I've accidentally spent an afternoon watching videos of kittens wobbling around, so I can see where Beef is coming from on this one.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 07:38:35 pm »

It's good to see Beef being tortured once again for our amusement. 

I myself feel this same exact way any time I accidentally drift over to WebMD.

"MAN I AIN'T GONNA GO TO NO DOCTOR WHAT IF I SUDDENLY HAVE A TUMOR?!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 07:39:46 pm »

Ladies and Gentlefellows, I give you the Renault Rally Car interior, latest in a long string of Onstad vehicle renderings.  Hurray!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 08:05:47 pm »

Almost in line for Best. Last Panel. Ever.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

weareas1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 08:47:04 pm »

I once accidentally discovered a web comic called Achewood, then accidentally spent the next two days doing nothing but reading all the Achewood archives.

I hope we see more of Rocky the owl.  I like Rocky the owl.  I'm thinking that Blister probably won't like Rocky the owl quite so much.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 09:17:37 pm »

The hell I'm going to look at that car accident site.

Great strip.

(I was reviewing some GOF strips earlier today, and realized I don't begin sentences with "The hell" enough.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 09:21:46 pm »

I accidentally spent the afternoon writing a screen scraping script to grab nutritional information from various web sites and parsing the data into a database.

I had only meant to spend about ten minutes on this but then I got carried away as I kept handling one exception after another (paradigm exceptions, not software error exceptions).

Now I'm going to spend some quality time playing with graphing, checking to see if the cool shaded 3D graphs take so much longer than the crappy 2D graphs that it wouldn't be worth adding the nice ones as a feature for this site I'm building.

Man, this 3D graph package is really nice looking.  It would add nine kinds of class to any data I threw at it.  I hope it turns out to be inexpensive for thousands of simultaneous users to use.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 09:29:02 pm »

Tangent: I don't understand why anyone goes to stand by a rally track voluntarily.  These cars are operating well beyond the safety envelope, people.

Of course, I also don't understand going to a NASCAR event for some different reasons, so I guess maybe I have some issues with car racing and spectating in general.

What would be quick and somewhat classy?  Some type of chicken/pasta concoction with a simple sauce?
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 09:38:22 pm »

I love Roast Beef.  :-[
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 09:41:57 pm »

What would be quick and somewhat classy?  Some type of chicken/pasta concoction with a simple sauce?

Pasta caprese (fresh tomato, fresh mozz, basil, a little olive oil & red wine vinegar).
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 09:42:22 pm »


What would be quick and somewhat classy?  Some type of chicken/pasta concoction with a simple sauce?

Formica's quick 'n classy simple chicken and sauce

Prepare a veloute sauce:

Heat 1 cup chicken stock and 1.25 cups Chardonnay to a simmer. Make a roux of 3 Tbsp butter and 3 Tbsp flour, lighty browned, just fragrant. Blend the simmering stock and wine into the roux with a whisk and stir frequently over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Add half a cup of finely grated swiss cheese and whisk frequently for 10 minutes.

Set water boiling for your favorite pasta; the sauce clings to penne very nicely.

While the sauce is cooking, cut two medium chicken breasts into cubes and lightly season with salt and pepper. Fry the chicken until just cooked, then dump the chicken into the sauce. Simmer for five minutes. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta and top with diced green onion. Feeds 4.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 Aug 06 - YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 09:45:45 pm »

Uh, how does one *accidentally* spend an afternoon "watchin' video clips of rally cars plowin' into crowds"?

You know that saying about something being like a train wreck (so horrifying that you are powerless to look away)?  It's the same principle, but with rally cars rather than locomotives.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up