Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Most-hated chore/responsibility?  (Read 17691 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2006, 07:42:06 pm »

I bet they were all "Are you looking for North Korea Embassy?" and she was like "No, Rental Office," and they were all "North Korea? Please don't slap!" and she was all "No, RENTAL OFFICE," and they were all "North Korean office?  Please, please don't slap!" and she was all "No, R-E-N-T-A-L O-F-F-I-C-E," and they were all "Please don't slap South Korean Office!"  And then she just slapped them.  Slapped them silly.

Also, if stopping by the rental agency is a problem, why not give them a batch of post dated checks?  Or are they fuck ups?  Most of the rental agencies I've dealt with are total idiot fuck ups.  But in my first apartment, I just gave the rental agency six months worth of post dated checks every six months.  They had a really nice, organized office lady, and I never had an issue.  I had serious, serious issues with my downstairs neighbors... but not the office.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2006, 08:16:46 pm »

smells. I am not sure why the south korean embassy would be like that, but they would. I laughed hard at this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2006, 10:31:34 pm »

Save your soap by either getting one of those plastic snap-top soap travel coffins and keeping it in there

Oh, trust me, that soap was in a travel coffin. People were actively opening the travel coffin, using/fuck*ng up my soap, and putting it back. I think that may reach the legal definition of sociopathy. Anyway, I suspect I'll just suck it up and get a soap/shampoo caddy for future use.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2006, 11:03:22 pm »

V!  Please go purchase said caddy!  I'm picturing your soap being covered in little microscopic dudes from your avatar.

It's just not the thing!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2006, 11:41:41 am »

They were taking it OUT of the plastic thingy?

How is it that some stuff that is so obviously wrong to some is just fine and dandy to others.
Don't their brains go:
THIS IS NOT YOUR SOAP. WHY ARE YOU USING IT.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2006, 09:08:30 pm »

They were taking it OUT of the plastic thingy?

How is it that some stuff that is so obviously wrong to some is just fine and dandy to others.
Don't their brains go:
THIS IS NOT YOUR SOAP. WHY ARE YOU USING IT.

That is fuck*ng sick. That just turns my stomach, thinking about other people using soap that is rightfully YOURS. I would buy a bottle of liquid soap and switch to that, because man...that is just wrong. Liquid soap means that other peoples' germs can't get on it.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2006, 04:04:40 am »

To clarify my previous post: If I am in a communal shower and there is a bar of soap just sitting on the soap holder I'd figure it's up for grabs since it's just sitting there, but having to actually open a container and take it out crosses the line. The plastic box is a definite sign that this is not yours.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2006, 04:34:54 am »

To clarify my previous post: If I am in a communal shower and there is a bar of soap just sitting on the soap holder I'd figure it's up for grabs since it's just sitting there, but having to actually open a container and take it out crosses the line. The plastic box is a definite sign that this is not yours.

Ugh... Doc, admit it. You left a HUGE hair on Molly's new Aveda soap, you sick fuck. Now she's just going to have to throw it away.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2006, 05:12:20 am »

I guess some people just don't have fully developed soap instincts.  To me the soap rules work both ways.  I don't want some dude opening my soapbox, using my soap and infecting it with his cooties.  But the reverse is true as well.  I can't imagine invading some other dude's soapbox and using his soap.  Because I know it's strange cootie infested.  I mean, why does somebody even want to use somebody else's soap?  Yuck.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2006, 05:13:25 am »

Ugh... Doc, admit it. You left a HUGE hair on Molly's new Aveda soap, you sick fuck. Now she's just going to have to throw it away.

Throw it away? That soap cost 13 dollars! I'll get my potato peeler.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2006, 09:11:47 am »

I guess some people just don't have fully developed soap instincts.  To me the soap rules work both ways.  I don't want some dude opening my soapbox, using my soap and infecting it with his cooties.  But the reverse is true as well.  I can't imagine invading some other dude's soapbox and using his soap.  Because I know it's strange cootie infested.  I mean, why does somebody even want to use somebody else's soap?  Yuck.

My assumption here is that the soap-pilferer is somebody who normally uses their own soap -- I presume that nobody is a chronic soap-abuser, or, at least, I hope so -- but has abruptly run out, doesn't have any replacements of their own in reaching distance, and is probably already in the shower. When the option is "shower without using any soap" and "use someone else's," a lot of people will pick the latter. (This has happened to me, but with shampoo; while using someone else's shampoo is an entirely different game from soap, I still didn't do it. I will admit that I am one of the people who will use a load's worth of laundry detergent if I run out and there is a bottle sitting in the laundry room that isn't clearly marked "THIS BELONGS TO (X) DO NOT USE IT YOU FREAKS." Mea culpa.)

To get this back on the subject of "chores/errands I hate": I hate it when laundry detergent, shampoo, or something else of that nature is starting to run out, and the resultant playing of the "How Long Can I Go Before I Remember To Replace This?" game. I think I'm just going to start buying three containers of HABAs/cleaning stuff every time I go out, to attempt to avoid the inevitable crushing moment of "oh, shit, there is not even a half-lather's worth of shampoo left in this bottle; I would make a note to get more, but I am in the shower now, and I am going to have nasty-ass hair all day, fuuuuck."
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2006, 11:25:12 am »

Here's a dirty little secret related to forgetting things: I am not a hairy dude so I don't shave for going to uni but do shave before I go to me 'real' job at a gas station, this means I generally shave about three days a week which works out alright. Where this falls down is that if I am going to uni in the morning and work in the afternoon I'll often forget to shave in the morning so I bought a bunch of disposable razors and keep them in a filing cabinet in my office at uni but I am so incompetent that I will put this action off until just before i leave then generally leave from uni for work in a hurry and forget to shave. So now I carry around a few disposables in my bag too, because I am that incapable of being a halfway competent human being.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2006, 07:15:50 pm »

The mead story, unfortunately, is pretty much as it sounds: Sean decided he wanted to attempt to make his own mead. He talked another friend of ours, who will be known as Hank because it is a serviceable pseudonym, into letting him borrow an empty, clean garbage can for the fermentation of this mead. Presumably fermentation occurred, and then Sean decided to drink this stuff out of a ram's-horn vessel. I wasn't there for this part, but apparently this led to substantial vomiting later in the night; I can't say whether this was a consequence of volume of alcohol consumed, the fact that he was basically drinking jailhouse booze, or a combination thereof.

Ooh ooh, I have a mead story too!

We had a little group of homebrewers in our fraternity house.  Fortunately, we were serious about it, and the ringleader was a chemistry major, so we had some ideas about sterilization and such.

So one day one of our dudes comes home all excited because he found a recipe for mead.  He went out and bought all the ingredients, then enlisted some assistance and spent the rest of the evening all brewin' up mead.  It made not quite a case of 16-ounce bottles, which he capped with our capping equipment, put in the case, and put in the bottom of his closet to ferment.

A couple of weeks later, in the middle of the night, he was awakened by what sounded like a gunshot from his closet.  He sat up in bed, wondering what the hell was going on, and then was startled by a bunch of such explosions in succession.  When it subsided, he turned on the light and gingerly opened his closet, to find his clothes covered in broken glass and sticky goo.  Apparently he'd overfilled the bottles, and the fermentation and carbonation was intense enough to blow them the fuck up.  One bottle survived intact; he wrapped it in a towel and put it out on the second floor balcony. 

Two weeks later (when the stuff was supposed to be ready), we retrieved the bottle.  Upon opening, it shot out liquid like a soda that's been shaken in a paint mixer.  What was left behind, we tasted.  It was gross.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2006, 02:16:59 am »

Ooh ooh, I have a mead story too!

WTF? Did the "chemistry major" flunk the fuck out?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2006, 01:24:17 pm »

The chemistry major wasn't the mead guy.  He stuck to making beer.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up