Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?  (Read 3114 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« on: August 28, 2006, 08:13:06 am »

I'm not sure whether Onstad is going somewhere with this or whether it's just a one off but either way it's got me thinking about that damn tesla roadster again...

I thought at first Ray was trying to avoid Teodore after the previous strip's akward homoerotic fantasies.
Guess not.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 10:53:03 am »

er, http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08282006

It's cute how Teodor always gets his hopes up about things. I hope this doesn't end as badly as the whole Circus c*ck episode.
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 12:06:30 pm »

I had to read "'bio-filtered' Ravenswood zinfandel comin' directly outta my catheter" three times before I realized what Ray was saying.  That's part of the genius of A-wood... or part of the moronity that is me.
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:17:43 pm »

I read about a guy in the 'paper who went around Europe doing the old veggie oil trick. Apparently, he had no trouble actually getting the fuel; it was trying to convince disbelieving rural French restauranteers that his car was not going to explode. The article made a point of using the word French.

It's quite 'classic' Teodor/Ray action here (rather than this sexy new direction they're going in). Teodor has scheme, wants Ray involved, Ray either disagrees or changes everything about the project. So it goes.

I do like how Teodor tries to appeal to Ray's idea of himself as a leading man in business. The next Rockefeller, indeed.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 12:38:58 pm »

I regret that for personal reasons I must not ride in a car that smells like Awesome Blossoms.

I love Ray's position in the last panel.  Is so expressive.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 01:06:36 pm »

Hrm.. is it just me or is it a bad idea to have a post-liquor urine engine?  I'd be all such as "WOOO!  DRINKIN' AND DRIVIN' 4EVER!"  I might even get that stenciled on the outside of my car is some vague taggin' script.  Then I'd be like.. "Los Santos 4 Realz Homies!"  I don't- I don't even know where I'm going with this.

Today made me chuckle but not as much as Friday, that's all.


(OMG! 2,000 posts in less than a year?  That seems excessive.  Maybe I will take a posting hiatus until my year comes up on Sept 15th.  Yes, this sounds like an idea.  I mean, I'll still be here, but it is like I will be mute until my year is up and this seems more reasonable.  Have fun kids.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 02:41:30 pm »

Whats wrong with awesome blossoms?  Anyone?  Come on, people -- there is nothing wrong with awesome blossoms.  Ray is scared
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 02:52:35 pm »

Hrm.. is it just me or is it a bad idea to have a post-liquor urine engine?  I'd be all such as "WOOO!  DRINKIN' AND DRIVIN' 4EVER!"  I might even get that stenciled on the outside of my car is some vague taggin' script.  Then I'd be like.. "Los Santos 4 Realz Homies!"  I don't- I don't even know where I'm going with this.

Today made me chuckle but not as much as Friday, that's all.


(OMG! 2,000 posts in less than a year?  That seems excessive.  Maybe I will take a posting hiatus until my year comes up on Sept 15th.  Yes, this sounds like an idea.  I mean, I'll still be here, but it is like I will be mute until my year is up and this seems more reasonable.  Have fun kids.)

Heh, it took me three years to get to 2000 posts.  At first I was sad for me, but now I am sad for you.

Also, my friends are part of this stupid pro-environmental acting troupe that travels the country performing at schools which they get to in this horrific old bus.  They bought it with the intent to turn it into a bus that runs on french fry oil, but it turned out it can't be converted.  I was behind their bus in traffic, and this huge bilious cloud of black smoke came out of the tail pipe every time they went from waiting at a light to moving.  This bus reads something like "recycle, be kind to the earth, be green!" and the cloud of noxious gas that comes forth from it makes the message itself unreadable.  Awesome!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 04:04:05 pm »

I'm into biodiesel, but I will probably never own one or build one. That is the way things are.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 10:07:03 pm »

Biodiesel Artcar.

That is all.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 10:46:41 pm »

Always one step ahead eh Paul?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up