Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)  (Read 11249 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« on: August 28, 2006, 08:14:55 pm »

Would there be sufficient interest in a TOUAMB fantasy football league, using Yahoo's free game?  Probably a list-based automated draft, as we don't have much time left and I doubt that many of us would be into a live draft.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 09:15:28 pm »

Put me down as a strong maybe.

I haven't played FF for several years, nor have I had much inclination to.  I've steadily been becoming more and more disinterested in sports.  However, there's nothing like gambling or fantasy teams to stimulate an interest in sports.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 09:47:55 pm »

Is this American football or football football? I'm guessing the former but I can hope.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:26:07 am »

GRIDIRON!!
Two of the greatest features of American society combined:  committee meetings and extreme violence!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 05:04:28 am »

I could be convinced to do this, provided it is a reasonable (sub-14) number of teams.  I'm already in another Yahoo league so it would not be so much work to be in another.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 05:35:11 pm »

With only three of us interested, I'll take that as a collective no.

I will, however, set up a pro pick 'em pool on Yahoo, and any who want can come on in.  Winners only, no spread, confidence rankings to take into account.


http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem
Group ID:  52476
Password:  smuckles
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 08:25:23 pm »

I would like to have been in, but not only do I have less idea than ever what's going on in your football (what with the TV licensing changing over here so I never get to see it), but I haven't played any of the fantasy leagues so I don't know what's involved there anyway. Seems like it'd be a bit like those people who decide they do fancy a game of poker, and then ask you how to play it the entire game.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 06:48:17 am »

With only three of us interested, I'll take that as a collective no.

I will, however, set up a pro pick 'em pool on Yahoo, and any who want can come on in.  Winners only, no spread, confidence rankings to take into account.

I am morally against fantasy football, but this idea is one that I'd toast to.  In fact, I've already joined!
Logged
ACHIEVE

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 01:45:09 pm »

The season starts tonight, so everyone go make picks NOW!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 12:32:31 am »

I can't figure out how to make picks once I get to my legend.  If anyone can help before the game I will gladly play, if not I must quit I guess.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 03:44:57 am »

Fuck! I forgot to do this.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 04:22:15 am »

I'd tell you, K, but I don't see what the ledgend is.  Gotta click the name of the group, click your own "pick set name," and just throw it down.

Perhaps you can cut the loss of possible points on the first game and still register late.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 07:15:16 am »

I thought the game started at 8:30 CST, but it was EST.  I will play next week if you two did not do that well, or maybe I will just play anyways.  Can the person in charge let me vote for this sunday/monday's games, or is that a Yahoo! thing once you set up the league (and time to vote)?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 01:06:40 pm »

You guys are just being silly. Football games are played on Sundays, not Thursdays. Who would schedule football against what's historically real TV's strongest night?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 02:02:33 pm »

OK, I have adjusted it so that each pick is due 5 minutes before each game.  So if you missed last night's, you should still be able to go in and pick this Sunday and Monday's games.

Also, I set it so that your lowest week of the season will be dropped from the season totals, so if anyone is totally screwed in the first week, you won't be completely ruined for the year.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up