Hard-boileds travel well, especially when a paper salt packet is involved. Much the same can be said for tomatoes, if padded. Eat More Fresh Tomatoes! (Miss you, Paul.)
I'm for soft eggs, whether boiled, fried, scrambled, or whatever. A touch of nice salt, some fresh-cracked pepper, maybe a hint of a herb(just one, don't bother with more), and you've got breakfast.
Sad confession: I have a cookbook comprised entirely of recipes for the egg. I love it dearly.
My favorite egg recipe requires 2 tools, a skillet and a rubber spatula (look for nonstick in both):
melt 2 tbsp bacon grease or butter (or cook 4-6 strips of bacon) in skillet;
crack eggs directly on skillet;
salt and pepper;
mash whites into yolks until nearly combined into one color;
add favorite herb or herb-of-day (really, just pick one, it doesn't matter);
fold then flip;
cook until done to preferred level (soft-easy);
serve.
If they're omelet-shaped, don't be surprised. Just cut it into pieces before serving.
I call'em Esquire eggs, as they remind me of a recipe in my dad's Esquire magazine collection (recipe reprinted a few years ago) and of Dad, who made them whenever Mom didn't want to cook. Tip: if you choose as your herb cumin, go easy-- very easy.
My favorite question my dad ever asked me is "What did that toast ever do to you?" I'd been mashing butter onto a pile 16 slices high, practically destroying all of its crispiness. I've ever since used soft butter or melting time on toast, and I'm a better man for it. I also eat less of it these days. Well, toast, at least. I still have to have eggs every once in a while.