Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: basically just eggs I guess  (Read 16744 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 08:14:38 pm »

Wow, huge warm gooshy memory here:  When I was little, I would occasionally spend a day or two with my grandparents' house.  They spoke only French and I spoke only English, so communication was interesting at best.  I have two strong memories about my grand parents.  1) My grandpa smoked a pipe, and everytime he used a match to light it, it would be my responsibility to blow out the match.  2) My grandma would always make me soft boiled eggs and toast for breakfast, and she'd slice the toast into strips about an inch wide and as long as the piece of bread was.  She called these "les soldat."  I knew this meant that they were solidiers, but never connected this with the fact they'd lived through WWII, until adulthood.  Strange.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 08:30:26 pm »

Is slicing toast into soldiers not common over the pond? Over here, it's a requirement for every child to have Marmite soldiers at least once.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 08:48:46 pm »

Before I became vegan, I was fond of dipping toast strip "soldiers" into the gooey yolk of an egg served in an egg cup.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 08:51:03 pm »

Before I became vegan, I was fond of dipping toast strip "soldiers" into the gooey yolk of an egg served in an egg cup.

Did you used to play little games with them too?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 08:53:42 pm »

So the "soldiers" thing has nothing to with wartime food rationing?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 10:26:45 pm »

It has everything to do with small children wanting to have a wheat based army at their command.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 11:09:29 pm »

Did you used to play little games with them too?

I'm not sure I ever ate this particular meal while I was young enough to play games with food, but if I did, you can be sure that I had a grand old time sending toast soldiers to their yolky doom.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 06:47:37 pm »

Hard-boileds travel well, especially when a paper salt packet is involved. Much the same can be said for tomatoes, if padded. Eat More Fresh Tomatoes! (Miss you, Paul.)

While y'all were talking about eggs, I was eating them.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 08:31:04 pm »

Once again, Paul proves that he has a photo of everything.

Please no one mention taking a dump.  Please.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 12:12:38 am »

Once again, Paul proves that he has a photo of everything.

Please no one mention taking a dump.  Please.

Or "totally rocking Jough's can"
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 05:16:57 pm »

Delicious.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 09:47:54 pm »

Wow.  I was so afraid to click that link.  So afraid. 

On the eggs front, I have had the same two eggs in my fridge for quite a while.  How long do eggs keep in the fridge without going bad?  I have no memory of eggs ever going bad on me in the fridge.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 09:55:53 pm »

Wow.  I was so afraid to click that link.  So afraid.

Have I ever misled you dear Melanie?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 10:01:10 pm »

Have I ever misled you dear Melanie?

~Paul

No, no, but you've also never fail to supply an image when requested, and well... just let my request for no pictures of you taking a dump cancel out the earlier suggestion.  A picture of anyone not taking a dump is better than the picture of someone taking a dump.  I've stumbled into some dark corners of this here internet... It's the only thing that makes me want to puke. What I am saying is that no matter how lovely the man, there are certain things I don't eva' wanna see. 

If you want to take photos of you and jough... well, really there are websites that will pay you for that sort of thing.  And if you can make your own Christian can rockin' site... well, you basically win the internet.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 10:06:53 pm »

Don't ask him about his webbed feet!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up