Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: basically just eggs I guess  (Read 16823 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 03:06:56 pm »

Damn you people.  Now I have to go fix myself some titty toast. 

I always called it "eggs in a frame." 

There was a song in my house. 

eggs in a frame
eggs in a frame
alliwannado is eat
eggs in a frame
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 07:28:49 pm »

goddamn, I am eating me some eggs when I go home this weekend.

not in a frame, though. probably.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 12:51:34 am »

I am possessed of deeply-engrained Monk-like germ phobias that render everything animal-based that is undercooked (and, indeed, normally cooked) disgusting to me.

I take my steak well-done (even if it means the douchebag waiter gives me a "oh, does baby want the kid's menu? we've got hot dogs and grilled chesse!" look, no tip for you, jerkface) I take my eggs hard-boiled... and I don't take giraffe or pork at all.

Mushrooms, neither. It is a food that is all germs.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 03:50:28 am »

LFMets? You ready for the truth?

A mushroom is a fungus. You know what comes from fungus? Penicillin.

I just blew your miiiiiiiiiiiiiiind.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 05:26:36 am »

Allergic to pencillin!

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiind-blooooooooooowingright back atcha!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 05:59:03 am »

Oh, snap. Sucks for you-- I mean, sucks for yoooooouuuuuuuu.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 02:29:51 am »

I almost died from penicillin when I was a baby.  And I love mushrooms.  I just blew both your minds!!!

Also, I love my eggs with mushrooms, to keep things on topic.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 01:30:39 am »

I need some suggestions. Looking at my little FitDay wheel o' nutrition, I need more protein today, but not fat, so I was thinking about whipping up an omelet (one whole egg plus two whites). What are some tasty fillings for omelets? Mr. Bear suggested arugula and Parmesan in the Achewood Cookbook...I don't think I'm going to try that, though. I guess I'm looking for inspiration. Any suggestions?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 02:45:06 am »

If you're still wondering (is Alaska on Pacific Time, or later?) onions sauteed in a little olive oil with chopped garlic, diced tomatoes and bell peppers make a nice addition  to an omlette.  Along with copious amounts of cheese of course....though that would defeat the low-fat aspect.  Low fat cheese is an abomination, by the way.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 03:30:15 am »

If you're still wondering (is Alaska on Pacific Time, or later?) onions sauteed in a little olive oil with chopped garlic, diced tomatoes and bell peppers make a nice addition  to an omlette.  Along with copious amounts of cheese of course....though that would defeat the low-fat aspect.  Low fat cheese is an abomination, by the way.

I think I bought low-fat "cheez" when I lived in Denver and man, was it disgusting. Hell of raunchy.

I should have chopped some onion...carmelized onions would've been good. Damn, I forgot about that, and I even have some balsamic vinegar!I just threw on a slice of cheddar and called it good.

And yes, AK time is one hour behind Pacific. It's 6:34PM here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 03:33:18 am by linnea »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 04:00:14 am »

Man jaydub, you make a fine omelet.  Basically the kind I try to make before it turns into scrambled eggs with stuff in it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 04:09:43 am »

The things I do to eggs are not at all related to a healthy diet, which is why I almost never eat them, but if you care to know, I like to mix the raw eggs with a tad of milk, some curry power, and tiny cubed bits of cream cheese, pour in the pan as a regular omelet, cook, then fill 'em with cheddar, green onions and garlic sausage bits.  My sister, dad and I used to sort of compete for the most out of controle use of eggs and this was the final recipe I settled on after years of throwing shit in with eggs. Fuck yeah.  But then I'd  have post consumption regret.  Not healthy.  Not. Healthy.  It's been years since I ever made one of those, it's not something one should eat more than once in a life time, and I have well exceeded my quota.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 05:11:08 am »

Tomato, parmesan, and fresh parsley.
Mushroom and caramelized onion.
Smoked turkey and bell pepper.
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Raw tuna, jalapeno, and capers - not much, like 1/3 oz. each, less on the capers.

I've tried these all, and enjoyed them. But then, I cook my eggs in either pure fat: bacon grease or clarified butter.

Also: sea salt, bacon, and shredded jarlsberg.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007, 05:17:38 am »

Goddamn, choop. That's a nice list.

However, I cook my omelets (usually the one whole egg with a couple of whites to cut down on the cholesterol, since mine is abysmal) with a nonstick pan and a tiny spray of olive oil through a Misto type device.

Eggs are a tasty treat, but then again I have to be careful of the cholesterol thing, so they're only had occasionally.

I'm thinking about trying to make some home fries for next week's omelet with the nonstick pan and some chopped yellow onions. Beef said in his recipe that you have to soak and rinse Russet potatoes ("starchy" type as opposed to the "waxy" type Red Potato). All that soaking and rinsing sounds like a pain in the ass. I might just scrub them, boil them, and mash them with the skin on for a starchy side dish. If you don't use butter or milk then mashed potatoes can be pretty good for you. Especially with the skins, which (as my momma told me when I was young) are where all the vitamins reside.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: basically just eggs I guess
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007, 06:02:28 am »

Try your mashed potatoes with lowfat sour cream, spicy mustard, a dash of skim milk, and a bit of honey (taste it first, correct the spice with the honey).

Or with (again) lowfat sour cream and a dash of skim, but now with capers and broccoli florets.

Always! rinse your capers. Don't find out the hard way, like I did.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up