Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this where introductions go?  (Read 12545 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Is this where introductions go?
« on: August 31, 2006, 01:23:11 am »

Hello,
   Well, most forums require an introduction post, but I'm not sure what to put in mine ( or even if this is the right place to put it ). Feel free to ask questions or delete this if it's in the wrong place...
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 01:28:56 am »

A big welcome to you, Pimp Skitters. You did indeed put this thread in the right place, so I'll endow you with your first Tiny Can of Dr Pepper. May it be the first of many.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 01:30:31 am »

I'm not aware that formal introduction posts are required, but hey, nice one!

And a welcome-wagon can for your avatar.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 01:39:38 am »

  Thanks both of you. :)
  Whence the cans? I'm jogging my Achewood memory for the strip that's in.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 01:43:12 am »

The can distribution system is an invention of our forum host, jough.
Also:  welcome!
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 01:43:57 am »

I believe the cans are an invention of this board, though I have to admit on my first encounter with said beverages I scoured the archives looking for them. They do seem quite Achewoodian. (Beaten to it by linnea. I shouldn't be so wordy.)

One last thing: you can give/take away cans once you reach 25 posts!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 01:59:54 am »

GODDAMMIT people,  It is not a TOUAMB invention.  Unless you want to argue about the difference between "tiny" and "little".


(Also welcome newbie)

This is the only breaking of the silence post till Sept 15th.  Thank you.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 02:09:28 am »

GODDAMMIT people,  It is not a TOUAMB invention.  Unless you want to argue about the difference between "tiny" and "little".


(Also welcome newbie)

This is the only breaking of the silence post till Sept 15th.  Thank you.

Dude, Imma start calling you CJJ.

The second "J" is for junior.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 02:11:06 am »

This is the only breaking of the silence post till Sept 15th.  Thank you.

Wanna bet?

Welcome aboard there, Skitters.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 02:51:35 am »

Q: At least it was for something important.

Nice name and avatar Pimp Skitters, you gotta know when an old lady means business.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 03:02:36 am »

Q: Our use of the little cans predates that blog post, which means that Onsta...er, Teodor got it from us.

Anyway, welcome, Whoremonger Diarrhea.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 03:48:48 am »

Welcome, Pimp Skitters! Love that signature.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 04:22:39 am »

A hearty "Welcome, &c" to you!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 08:24:17 am »

  Thanks for the welcomes, but I've been informed I'm not dignified enough for this forum, so I had probably best leave. If I get a warning on my first non introduction post, I get the message.
  How do you delete an account? I can't find that function on here.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 08:31:11 am »

  Thanks for the welcomes, but I've been informed I'm not dignified enough for this forum, so I had probably best leave. If I get a warning on my first non introduction post, I get the message.
  How do you delete an account? I can't find that function on here.

Don't worry, dude; that was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Trust me, you're dignified enough at this point, unless you made a lot of cavernous-pu$$y jokes and I missed them. Just don't talk about *****s or #####, and you'll be fine.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up