Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!  (Read 6923 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2006, 08:17:03 pm »

I broke my last pair of glasses at a World/Inferno Friendship Society show in nyc (wearing glasses to any of their shows, especially a nyc show, is a supremely bad idea).  I had been going around with just one lens in my glasses after that, which was unacceptable, so I chose not to get another pair of wire-framed glasses and instead went for these trendy-ass motherlovin specs.  The shame is overpowered by all the attention I've been getting from the ladies.
Logged
~

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 09:10:54 pm »

Awesome! You get a tiny can of Dr. Pepper for having hell of rad glasses. Here's a picture of me rockin' the Vera Wang frames:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/linnea/219553487/
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 09:33:10 pm »

I can see an itty bitty shrew in a field from a mile away. at night. from the top of a tree.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2006, 10:33:10 pm »

Heh, nice!  We can form a club!  Cool glasses only.  The completely orange jacket is also a nice touch ;D
Logged
~

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2006, 11:10:25 pm »

I can see an itty bitty shrew in a field from a mile away. at night. from the top of a tree.

No one likes a braggart, sailor.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2006, 02:32:30 am »

Heh, nice!  We can form a club!  Cool glasses only.  The completely orange jacket is also a nice touch ;D
Heh... that's a float coat. The Bering Sea is close to freezing, so land dwelling mammals who fall in stand a good chance of dying of hypothermia. I had two hypothermia patients a while back (I'm a medic)...one had a float coat, the other didn't. The one with the float coat was still warm and pink and talking to us. The guy without was seriously fuck*ng cold (93 degrees Fahrenheit) by the time we got him. Both of them were okay, but I certainly wouldn't want to ever get that cold. Ever.

**EDIT. I just got up from a delicious 3-hour nap. I love Saturdays and not being on call. ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:36:35 am by linnea »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2006, 06:03:07 am »

hmm. My glasses are wire-rimmed. My lady likes me with them, and I am too lazy to put in contacts. But I like how I look in contacts. So I alternate.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 10:47:58 pm »

Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey need to have some sort of battle to the death [...] Janeane Garafolo, as their predecessor, would definitely have to be the referee.

Why would a battle to the death need a referee? It seems to me that the outcome would be pretty decisive without having to call it.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2006, 12:14:15 am »

Why would a battle to the death need a referee? It seems to me that the outcome would be pretty decisive without having to call it.

Well just because it's too the death doesn't necessarily mean that it's no-DQ or no holds barred. You would need a ref to make sure nobody got help from friends or used firearms.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 04:36:12 am »

Well just because it's too the death doesn't necessarily mean that it's no-DQ or no holds barred. You would need a ref to make sure nobody got help from friends or used firearms.

What would disqualification entail? Being put to death?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up