Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Labor Day  (Read 3083 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:42:35 pm »

I feel so bad, but I started today off with some serious labouring - as we do every chance we get, the SO and I were shoveling limestone from the pit that is our back yard into his truck, driving it over to his work's gravel lot, unloading it and starting the same cycle over again.  I did have a chocolate donut somewhere in there.  But on an officially sanctioned day of rest, I have done the opposite, and plan to do at least one more truckload today.  Now I am so pooped.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:20:38 pm »

my first labor day at school has, so far, consisted of doing schoolwork. It bugs me that I am being roughly 100 times more conscientious about getting things done than i was in highschool, but it is still not enough.

of course, translating Latin and writing arabic words are not "labor" by any stretch. I did clean out my dorm room, though! And I've only been up 3 hours so far!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 08:31:28 pm »

Fittingly enough, this 'Labour Day' is the last day of freedom before I start the daily process of education once more. Labour Day, more like Last Day Of Freedom Before Months of Labour Day.

Nonetheless, hope you all had a wonderful Labour Day.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 08:48:33 pm »

I'm spending the day packing for graduate school. Damn good times!
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 08:57:19 pm »

On my Labor Day, I slept until 11:30AM. I'm drinking tea and listening to music. Today is a good day.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 10:24:26 pm »

I remember my first Labor Day at college. All the first years were shocked that we didn't get the day off. The teachers were all "we've only had classes for like a week and you want a day off?"
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 10:59:04 pm »

oh, really?

we got the day off. I'm just doing homework. because I am trying hard to be responsible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 11:09:31 pm »

I'm spending the day packing for graduate school. Damn good times!

I, too, spent the day packing for a higher education-related destination (in my case, college).  I am somewhat proud that I managed to get all the packing done in a single day (because there's no prelude to a return to school quite like procrastination!).
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 11:34:19 pm »

I woke up at 6:00pm.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1]   Go Up