Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Oink invites  (Read 8482 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Oink invites
« on: September 04, 2006, 08:01:41 pm »

I have a lot of these. Someone take one, please. Familiarize yourself with torrents and port forwarding and don't cheat your ratio, or I lose 'em all.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:16:46 pm »

I use oink, too!

except, I am afraid to use it here! Also, my computer died. I am in a computer lab.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:24:41 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm interested.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 08:32:42 pm »

It is a filesharing (music and software mostly) community that uses bittorrent software. It has high standards for the quality of the mp3 etc. rips. It is kind of a silly place, but it's useful. Oh yeah, it's by invitation only, which is why I am trying to give these invites out.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:01:05 pm »

Cool, I'm in. I promise to use it wisely.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:14:56 pm »

I'm not familiar with Oink but I'm in.  I'm obsessive about mp3 quality and always keep at least a 1:1 ratio.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 09:15:24 pm »

Oh, and if anyone wants a TorrentLeech.org invite, let me know.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 09:21:31 pm »

Just PM me your email addresses, boys.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 01:14:07 am »

If anyone asked for one and hasn't received it yet, check your spam folder.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 03:25:43 am »

I got it and am already logged in. Thanks, JF.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 04:48:30 am »

I'm on and trading now.

The community seems kinda small, though, which means that there aren't a lot of seeding opportunities to up my ratio.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 04:56:37 am »

It's a matter of timing. New, popular torrents obviously provide the most opportunity for upping. If you d/l on the back end of a torrent's life, then it's hard to upload.

The other thing is, there are some seeders on there that really get off on having a super-high ratio. Obviously they need to feed off people with low ratios to some extent, so it's hard to elbow your way in to establish yourself.

If it ends up not working out and you get banned for having a low ratio, no big deal. If that seems bound to happen, I might suggest going hog wild in the interim so at least you get some use out of it.

hxxp://oink.me.uk/ratiowatch.php
Here's a table of the ratio requirements, in case anyone missed them.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 05:41:16 am »

I just don't want to get you in "trouble" if I get banned for a bad ratio.  Two of my recent uploads are getting some traction, so I should be up to at least 1.0 by tomorrow, above which I'll stay.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 01:24:03 pm »

All the arcane ratio rules at the torrent sites have basically scared me over to eMule. There it only matters that your upload is at least 10MB/s and that you aren't using a leecher client.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 05:47:36 pm »

I just don't want to get you in "trouble" if I get banned for a bad ratio.  Two of my recent uploads are getting some traction, so I should be up to at least 1.0 by tomorrow, above which I'll stay.
Yeah, there's no problem for me if one of my invitees gets banned. It's happened a couple times before. They only trouble is if I invite them again.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up