Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Oink invites  (Read 8449 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 07:08:18 pm »

Well, it seems that the ban-ratio is really low at this particular site - so it should be really easy to not get banned as long as I let things run a little after downloading, or maybe upload somethings from time to time.  I have a lot of rare live stuff, so maybe that'll help.

I generally try to only upload stuff that has no commercial value.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 10:24:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can't upload live stuff. only actual albums.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 10:30:33 pm »

I can and do upload live bootleg albums.  Oink just stipulates in their rules that the boots be soundboard-only recordings, which all of mine are.

So there. :P

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 01:57:22 am »

oh. anything I should check out? (in a few months when I go home for thanksgiving and can download music without being brutally executed in public?)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 03:27:00 am »

Um, I don't know.  I have a lot of Zappa and Phish boots, an insane amount of great old R.E.M., and some Counting Crows that I may or may not post.

I have a lot of out of print stuff and some really obscure yet great stuff too, like Shoukichi Kina and Whale.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 05:24:48 pm »

can i have one jorgefabregas
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 06:05:17 pm »

Ok, I am tapped out on these. Another poster has dibs for the one I get on the 16th of the month, and Noah on the one I get on the 2nd--if they're still interested, of course.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 06:37:33 pm »

I should have some invites by the end of the month too, either by upping my ratio or by just donating and getting some invites that way.

Rock.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 11:16:16 pm »

I have invites. PM me with your email address. I have 10 invites, people.

noah-- I sent you one. please don't do anything dick-ey with this power.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 04:33:29 am »

thank you theinevitable.

i will not do anything dickey i promise!
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 08:07:22 am »

I have downloaded a random Fall album and the 3 new Pulp reissues.  However, there are like 175 people uploading on all of the pulps and like no one will ever download that Fall album.  How do I get my transfer rate up?  I have just gone through a really heavy downloading stage and don't really want any albums right now.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 03:17:47 pm »

Keith, the best way to up your ratio is to upload something that's not already on the site.

That seems to be increasingly difficult, though.  Man, this place has everything.  I even found some obscure Okinawan music I have figuring "No one will have this!" and sure enough it was already on there.  :(

In any event, I'm trying to fill in some gaps now.  I've posted a few bootleg live albums and some out of print stuff from some record labels that are no more.  I know these things don't drop into the public domain just because the label is out of business, but it does mean that there's no one left to sue me.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 04:54:28 pm »

mann. I love that Okinawan music is on there, but then when I actually want to find something... it isn't there. huh.

also: after a while, people stop seeding things, and they disappear. I think.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 12:15:42 am »

what really shot my ratio up may have just been either my really fast internet or luck. this new leaked of montreal album had just been put up and i figured it would be in pretty high demand, so i downloaded it right away and was the first person to have it after the original seed because i was downloading at like 700 kb/s for some weird reason. and my ratio for that torrent alone is like almost 4 now.

also there is a requests section, and you can search in it to see what people want. i just went through some of my dad's old records and searched for requests on some of the old/obscure looking ones and uploaded a couple.
Logged

afterMonday

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 05:08:11 am »

An Oink invie sent this way would be extremely appreciated..


Could you please send me one?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up