Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Oink invites  (Read 8445 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 05:16:45 am »

An Oink invie sent this way would be extremely appreciated..


Could you please send me one?

First post begging is not a good sign.  Take a few pointers from this guy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 05:30:55 am »

Yeah, I think these invites are "vouched for" kinda deals, aren't they?  How can we vouch for you if we do not know you?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 05:41:29 am »

Man, you are right about not being able to find stuff to put on Oink.  That place is crazy.  Everything I could ever dream of having is on there.  I didn't even know I wanted anymore music until I found Oink. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 08:19:51 am »

An Oink invie sent this way would be extremely appreciated..
Invie: Run of the mill typo or inappropriate cutesifying? Can we get a ruling?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

afterMonday

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 10:45:32 am »

Definitely a typo. =)


Sorry about that, it was 2 in the morning and my eyes were still kind of messed up from my eye exam that had happened a few hours earlier. 
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 01:42:26 pm »

I concur - "invie" is just *too* cute.  No one would actually type that, would they?

I must say, though, that the long-eyed emoticon isn't adding to the mystique.

JURY IS STILL OUT ON THIS ONE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 02:41:03 pm »

I sent ms "tuesday" an invie, as she requested. I have gone out on a limme for her.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 05:13:11 pm »

I sent ms "tuesday" an invie, as she requested. I have gone out on a limme for her.

You only did it because of the cute glasses avatar, didn't you? You've been hanging out with Q too much.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 05:30:30 pm »

Seriously, dude.  Get some college tail and then come back here and post like a man.

Sheesh.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 06:06:34 pm »

no, I just really want to get rid of the goddamn invites. they've been sitting there for forever.

also, what's to say I'm not getting tonnes of college tail?

if by college tail you mean listening to Palestrina and translating Latin until 2 AM.

edit: a crass joke which I was not entirely comfortable making has been removed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:57:29 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2006, 06:16:15 pm »

This thread was pretty boring until Tuesday showed up.  You're in gal.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2006, 11:32:12 pm »

The first year of college is the hardest, just make sure you do it and you will adapt fine.  I have an 8 page paper do in a day that I haven't started on, but it will be easy now, since I have been doing this for the previous three years.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 01:16:33 am »


edit: a crass joke which I was not entirely comfortable making has been removed.

'Listening to Palestrina' - so that's what you kids are calling it these days.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 01:29:38 am »

well, i mean, listening to Palestrina is pretty wank-ey. and, it makes me tune out the outside world and do my work.

and, I borrowed the CD from a cute girl on my hall. Damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oink invites
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 07:20:32 am »

I don't remember the joke, but it was something about jerking off, right?

Yeah, I wouldn't want that on the 'net either.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up