Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING  (Read 6203 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« on: September 05, 2006, 06:47:10 am »

I'm not sure you're ready for this, kid.

It's pretty sad, but not really as poignant as the others.  Just harsh.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 09:06:01 am »

Lie Bot's working some pretty rough sadnesses these days. Somehow, though, this is still the least sad of them... I think it's the Taliban increasing the hyperbole to toxic levels.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 12:59:13 pm »

I'm not sure you're ready for this, kid.

It's pretty sad, but not really as poignant as the others.  Just harsh.

If you think what Lie bot said was the center of the strip, you missed the point. The entire punchline, all the surreal Achewoodian humor, and Onstad's shark-jumping genius is encapsulated in the one throwaway line by Phillipe:

"I've been practicing."

The image of a five year old, retarded otter practicing finding out what the saddest thing is, is patently hilarious.

That or Onstad just threw a piece of poo at us so we wouldn't ding him for skipping a day to nurse his Labor Day Hangover.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 01:09:14 pm »

If you think what Lie bot said was the center of the strip, you missed the point. The entire punchline, all the surreal Achewoodian humor, and Onstad's shark-jumping genius is encapsulated in the one throwaway line by Phillipe:

"I've been practicing."

The arm-akimbo stance was nice, too.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 02:23:57 pm »

I dig this re-treading of classic Achewood topics. It's not alarmingly fun (that's a nice concept: something so funny it makes you go "oh shit" in-between guffaws), but it warms the old heart, and appeals to the Old Man that I am.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 02:56:49 pm »

Philippe's stances and expressions in this one make life worth living.
Logged

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 05:32:43 pm »

    I'm not so sure about "saddest thing"... You know, if I was an old bag lady dying of neglect - where is her family? - I'd be thinking "Ho ho ho..."
    But then I wouldn't be a good old bag lady. I'd be bitter and twisted: first class kids' movie villain material. ;D
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 06:20:12 pm »

Also, let me use the opportunity to address some remarks to that carefree, gay and merry soul that takes my tiny cans away:

Would you consider stopping it, my little bubbling gob of phlegm gushed forth from a teratoma fucked by a dog in the back alley of a hospital*? Please?



*She still owes that dog its fuck-money. For shame.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 06:26:44 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 06:28:36 pm »

Yeah, ever since the new can rates have started there are some users who've gone into negative cans pretty unreasonably. What gives?

dejavroom, you get a can to help put you back on Respectable Street. Though normally complaining about how many cans you have is kind of lame, I think you're pretty much justified.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 06:33:33 pm »

I know, I know (believe me, I *have had* negative scores on this board before, and even when they were like -30 I didn't say anything because, well, there was a story behind that...  ^^), but this just smacks so much of stupid juvenile behaviour that I had to comment on it. The post was more to vent a little, without *really* trying to crawl back up to positive scores. At the very least, it *is* a board phenomenon, and one with a trollish bent to it...

(thank you for the can, though. it's very cool, really)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 06:43:26 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 07:00:44 pm »

you know the cartoonist is just fuck*ng with us here.

and I hope his labor day hangover was a GRAND one, worthy of tales.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 07:56:18 pm »

Also, let me use the opportunity to address some remarks to that carefree, gay and merry soul that takes my tiny cans away:

Would you consider stopping it, my little bubbling gob of phlegm gushed forth from a teratoma fucked by a dog in the back alley of a hospital*? Please?

  No! You will suffer from minus cans for all eternity! All traces of Dr. Pepper will be drained from your soul: you won't even know those 23 flavours exist!

   ...

   Actually I've never touched your cans one way or another, though your post coming after mine could be viewed as implying that.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 08:43:22 pm »


  No! You will suffer from minus cans for all eternity! All traces of Dr. Pepper will be drained from your soul: you won't even know those 23 flavours exist!

   ...

   Actually I've never touched your cans one way or another, though your post coming after mine could be viewed as implying that.

I'm now a little worried about what's going to happen when pimp_skitters hits 25 posts
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 08:46:41 pm »

Outstanding thread title.

Appears to be some commercial-quality work right there.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sep 2006 - 3 SADDEST 3 THING
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 08:51:00 pm »

I'm now a little worried about what's going to happen when pimp_skitters hits 25 posts

 For some reason I can give cans already. Haven't figured out why, maybe the can fairy came in the night ( don't quote me on that ).
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up