Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu  (Read 1198 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
« on: September 07, 2006, 02:27:37 am »

Your humble Mayor submitted a playlist to Salon Audiofile's summer playlist contest, and today I just learned that I was named one of the six big weiners.

You'd think they could have sprung for an iPod or something, but noooooo.

Anyway, here's some freely-available Mayor-approved tunes.  Mine's the second one.  Apologies for the cheesy title and description, but it was part of the contest.

http://www.salon.com/ent/audiofile/2006/09/01/bbq_wrapup/index.html
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:24:59 am »

Hey Carl, I just downloaded your mix from Salon, but the song Glove Box is coming up as 'index.cfm' I don't recognize that file extension.  Can you post that song somewhere so we can get the complete mix?  Thanx.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 02:17:55 pm »

Here's their mySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/sexybicycle

You can download it from there.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 03:21:41 pm »

So what prize did you win for winning the contest, Carlos?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 03:59:39 pm »

I won JACK SHIT

I pretty much got my name on Salon (not for the first time).  They didn't even link to my web site or anything.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up