Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: That Ain't Meat!  (Read 9997 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2003, 04:16:12 pm »

Actually, I'm a weak willed vegetarian, who occasionally gives in to meaty cravings.  My guy grew up raising hogs, and there's always meat around, and no matter how much I love all the earth's animals, I just can't forget how tasty they are.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 05:06:42 pm »

Yarr, but the vegetarian approach be not without merit. For one, ye be keeping off the scurvy. (A few of me mates' mates here learned this the bloody hard way -- goin' off thar college meal plan and eatin' nothin' but chili done give you the scurvy.)

I am honestly pretty pitiful at talking like a pirate, but hey, scurvy.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 05:13:08 pm »

So be it, me beauties.

As A. Whitney Brown said: "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals.  I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants."

And that's the gist of it.  Yo ho ho.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 06:42:51 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So be it, me beauties.

As A. Whitney Brown said: "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals.  I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants."

And that's the gist of it.  Yo ho ho.


Aaaarrr! Thar be a couple other beauties that I did make me fall from the yardarm! (well, not really, I just quite like them as little reasons...)

"I didn't evolve for millions of years to eat what my food eats."

OK, so I can't remember the other, better one.
Erm... ...mateys...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2003, 06:39:27 pm »

Aye me block 'o's:

"Vegetarians are delicious!"

and

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them to tasty?"

Be also ones I done hear on d'wind.  Yarrh!

(ps: I missed the reason for the pirate talk)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2003, 06:44:21 pm »

Sideshow has really taken "talk like a pirate day" to heart! I note also the phrase 'me block o's'....did you go to Ohio State?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2003, 06:51:33 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
My boyfriend brought home little mini chicken drums that's ingredients read:  "mechanically separated chicken." Strange.


Only in America could we take the idea of "use every part of the chicken" to this kind of extreme. Although sometimes a man just needs to have a 6 pack of McNuggets.

Speaking of unholy, did anybody else's cafeteria serve salmon nuggets? See the inside of one of those made me wonder what kind of god would allow such a travesty.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2003, 06:56:55 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Speaking of unholy, did anybody else's cafeteria serve salmon nuggets? See the inside of one of those made me wonder what kind of god would allow such a travesty.

I once visited a college where the on-campus food-service-sponsored pizza place served salmon pizza. The scary thing is that it was reasonably good, and I'd eat it again were I given the option.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2003, 06:57:55 pm »

Over here in the middle of the pacific, Hawaii is sort of a destination for people even more isolated...like, say the Marshall Islands or Micronesia. One of the main things people from these places eat day after day is Spam or Potted Meat. Spam needs no introduction - but the first two "ingredients" in "Potted Meat" (made by Libby) are:

"Partially defatted Pork Fatty Tissue"
"Partially defatted Beef Fatty Tissue"

Pass me a can of THAT!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2003, 07:21:26 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Sideshow has really taken "talk like a pirate day" to heart! I note also the phrase 'me block o's'....did you go to Ohio State?


No, I'm in Canada.  I got "me block o's" from watching sponge bob square#####
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2003, 08:19:59 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Over here in the middle of the pacific, Hawaii is sort of a destination for people even more isolated...like, say the Marshall Islands or Micronesia. One of the main things people from these places eat day after day is Spam or Potted Meat. Spam needs no introduction - but the first two "ingredients" in "Potted Meat" (made by Libby) are:

"Partially defatted Pork Fatty Tissue"
"Partially defatted Beef Fatty Tissue"

Pass me a can of THAT!


I actually remember reading about that in the Straight Dope.

I bet it would go really well with some "cheeze"
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2003, 08:31:21 pm »

Actually, I think the expression is "me bucko" but they call him "block o" because Mr. Square##### is in fact a sponge.

Although I haven't actually seen an episode of SBSP, so I can't say for sure.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2003, 08:47:52 pm »

You should make it a point to catch an episode of Spongebob.  It is teh funnay.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2003, 11:14:46 pm »

These are the things that I miss out on because I don't have children.

Well, none of my own, anyway.  There are those kids that I keep locked up below the stairs, but I don't watch a lot of teevee with them.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
That Ain't Meat!
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2003, 11:30:45 pm »

Still, jough, it's enough that you let us out to check this board every once in a while.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up