Man do I hate Greenpeace...
But that's beside the point. The new Liberal party leader over here has one good policy. Having replaced the drunkard (I say, while drunk), he has put forward a strong party stance on climate friendly taxes and the like. While I support that, I can't help but feel hypocritical when I see my car tax rise to nearly £200 before this comes in. £200 a year, on top of our ridiculous fuel taxes just to be able to get anywhere, what with living 10 miles from a town, with no conceivable bus service.
I can't help but wonder if it's worth setting up different taxes based not only on what type of car you drive, but on how rural your habitat, much as I feel it worth setting up different council taxes for if you live in the country and don't even get recycling bins. Why should I pay for the people who love in the rich, commuter part of our town to get recycling when we just get a normal garbage service? And that's not even getting into the argument of how green recycling is depending on the product...
As for Arnie, he appears to have been jumping on whatever bandwagon he can all through his political career to get support. Filling in a pothole, calling Latinos hot... He'll try anywthing risque!