Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Not Dying!  (Read 35060 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2007, 06:22:55 pm »

Still, there were multiple stories in which the posters were advised of the benefits of cigarettes for the unborn.  Apparently there's a whole coven congregation of smoking mothers out there proselytizing on the streets. 

PCed that for you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2007, 04:18:21 pm »

My mother just squatted by the wolves den and came back 6 years later with a piece of raw lamb to lure me into the Suburban.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2007, 12:44:48 am »

The old ways are the best ways.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2007, 12:54:33 am »

This thread is NOT DYING!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2007, 03:18:12 pm »

I've taken a lot of action on the "not dying" route this past year.  I'm thinking that I want to start hitting the gym on my way home, rather than after dinner when the SO can join me.  While I really wanted to work out together, the SO works at a very physical job, and is rightfully not up for going to the gym after having manually moved up to a ton of weights at work. My bus home transfers right in front of the gym, so why not stop in and get my fit on?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2007, 05:48:55 pm »

I'm back in yoga after being out of commission since I hurt my back in June.  It is wonderful.  I feel so incredibly much better. 

The other ladies in my class are sort of freaked out by my being able to do Sitting Pigeon while eight months pregnant, but what can I say -- ten years of yoga + natural flexibility is gonna do that to you. 

We'll see if I can still do it when I'm sixty.  We had a substitute yoga teacher three weeks ago who is almost seventy and she could do stuff I couldn't do at twenty-five.  Amazing. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2007, 06:21:24 pm »


The other ladies in my class are sort of freaked out by my being able to do Sitting Pigeon while eight months pregnant, but what can I say -- ten years of yoga + natural flexibility is gonna do that to you. 


I am consistently amazed by what people in my yoga class can do.  I mean, I'm making progress and it's very rewarding and enjoyable, but I can't even conceive of being able to fully get into some of these poses.  It would help if I lost my big ol' gut, but some stuff just ain't happening.

Also, pigeon pose makes my dang knee hurt.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2007, 06:46:49 pm »

  It would help if I lost my big ol' gut, but some stuff just ain't happening.

Yeah, I can name that tune in one note.

The pooch makes it impossible for me to even breathe in Halasana, so for now I'm sticking to the exercise machines.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2007, 07:15:54 pm »

Also, pigeon pose makes my dang knee hurt.

Which knee? 

If it's the front knee, you can work your way up to full pigeon by letting your leg unbend enough so you're not sitting on your ankle.  This will probably require having your front leg parallel to your body, as in half-lotus.  Don't push that foot around and under your body until it's ready.  If this is where you are already, and the pain is in the sides of your knee (rather than under the kneecap), you can alleviate it by putting a yoga brick or a rolled blanket under your pelvis to lift your body off the floor a few inches. 

I'm taking a "gentle yoga" class right now and my teacher is big on using props and giving modifications to suit the challenges of individual bodies (and their internal inconsistencies).  I, for one, can do reclined goddess all day and night, but my hamstrings are so tight I have to use bricks under my hands to do a standard forward bend. 

And don't even talk to me about lunges. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2007, 07:33:40 pm »

I'm taking a "gentle yoga" class right now and my teacher is big on using props and giving modifications to suit the challenges of individual bodies (and their internal inconsistencies).  I, for one, can do reclined goddess all day and night, but my hamstrings are so tight I have to use bricks under my hands to do a standard forward bend. 

And don't even talk to me about lunges. 

Word, my hamstrings are incredibly tight and painful to stretch. I chalk it up to having underdeveloped Achilles tendons due to being premature.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2009, 09:37:03 pm »

My Mom crammed every variety of healthy rabbit chow down our throats, plus lots of pork, lamb and chicken.  We had little dixie-cup type thingys next to our cereal bowls with capsules of B-complex (that made your pee fluorescent yellow), ...

I just realized that's what's been happening off and on over the past several months.  it's not random, i just don't have neon pee when i forget to take the B12!

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

Are you going to get your vo2 max as well? Because that would be awesome.

Yeah, seriously Beatrice, we should be the first people in your mind when things like this come up. wtf?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2009, 07:32:52 pm »

Treadmills are tough for peaking on if your heart likes running.  Its hard for them to get a sonogram if you're running stadium stairs though.  These days, I'd have them stand by while I'm deadlifting.  I can get my heart rate up to 170+ with that.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2009, 03:09:34 am »

I am doing a lot of exercise, walking climbing and hiking etc.

I am healthy but eat too much

I hope you're all well and good and stay healthy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:29:38 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2009, 03:16:33 am »

I am healthy but eat drink too much

FTFY.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up