Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Not Dying!  (Read 35138 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2007, 06:25:48 pm »

Well, I think I would freak if someone jumped at me and grabbed a scarf that was around my neck. Maybe I read too much crime fiction, but I think it is good advice for people of all cultures to try not to express concern in a way that seems like a prelude to a strangling.

But what I really want to know is, what's wrong with lunch meat???
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2007, 07:02:11 pm »

Well, I think I would freak if someone jumped at me and grabbed a scarf that was around my neck. Maybe I read too much crime fiction, but I think it is good advice for people of all cultures to try not to express concern in a way that seems like a prelude to a strangling.

But what I really want to know is, what's wrong with lunch meat???

Maybe they think that it will Poison Their Baby? I have no clue.

Some foods are obviously off limits, like raw/unpasteurized cheese or milk, sushi, beef tartare, etc. I went to lunch once with Crap Dude and some of his coworkers. One of the women was pregnant and was even more annoying than a vegan. I was like, "Why the fuck did you pick a SUSHI restaurant if you're pregnant?"
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2007, 07:35:40 pm »

But what I really want to know is, what's wrong with lunch meat???

Quote from: American Pregnancy Association
Deli Meat: Deli meats have been known to be contaminated with Listeria, which can cause miscarriage. Listeria has the ability to cross the placenta and may infect the baby leading to infection or blood poisoning, which may be life-threatening. If you are pregnant and you are considering eating deli meats, make certain that you reheat the meat until it is steaming.

source
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2007, 08:06:15 pm »

It's amazing how many people take the word of strangers on the internet more seriously than the advice of their own doctors. 

Ha ha! That's the beautiful thing about the world - no matter how insane a belief is, you can find someone who will swallow it hook, line and sinker. And then they'll force it upon you. And then when you push back, you'll be told to suck it up in the name of honoring diversity.

Nope - your crackleheaded belief system is your own. Don't force it upon me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:54 pm »

Aren't pregnant ladies already subject to nausea? And people actually tell them that they have to eat steaming lunch meat?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2007, 08:14:47 pm »

Oh man, almost all my female friends have had babies in the past 2 years, with the exception of one who has been trying for almost a year.  As a result I have witnessed the most rude and interjecting opinions being foisted upon them.  What is it with pregnancy these days?  Has it become more pollitical or is it just me?  I swear, 10 years ago I would have never witnesses two ladys who barely know each other get into a yelling argument over whether or not using a soother is okay.  Or one pregnant lady publically shaming another who she doesn't know for having a single small cup of coffee.  WTF?  Thankfully, in the buddy-pic of life, I am the sarcastic friend, and I can find humour in anything.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2007, 01:19:43 am »

Aren't pregnant ladies already subject to nausea? And people actually tell them that they have to eat steaming lunch meat?

Gah, my BFF Jennifer is having the WORST morning sickness ever. Of course, it goes on all day and night. Plus she has this thing called pregnancy-related rhinitis, so she feels like she's got a cold AND the flu all the time.  Not only that, but in the summer between seminary classes, she has difficulty finding work, so she is currently herding two-year-olds at a daycare facility.  I don't envy her one bit. There's no way I could ever do that. Crazy.

Isn't it ironic that my best friend is a seminarian and will soon be a pastor? heh. She's so awesome. We've been friends since we were 12.

Oh man, almost all my female friends have had babies in the past 2 years, with the exception of one who has been trying for almost a year.  As a result I have witnessed the most rude and interjecting opinions being foisted upon them.  What is it with pregnancy these days?  Has it become more pollitical or is it just me?  I swear, 10 years ago I would have never witnesses two ladys who barely know each other get into a yelling argument over whether or not using a soother is okay.  Or one pregnant lady publically shaming another who she doesn't know for having a single small cup of coffee.  WTF?  Thankfully, in the buddy-pic of life, I am the sarcastic friend, and I can find humour in anything.

Jesus H. Christ, where on earth do those folks get off thinking they have the right to say shit like that? I mean...mind your own business. Sheesh. It's not like she was downing shots, she was just having a cup of coffee, for crying out loud. For all Ms. Busybody Proselytizer Bitch could have known, it was decaf!!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2007, 01:49:01 am »

OK, it would be tragic to waste this opportunity:

Well you know MY mother smoked and drank beer and coffee when she was pregnant and there's not a thing wrong with me,  IS THERE.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2007, 01:58:01 am »

OK, it would be tragic to waste this opportunity:

Well you know MY mother smoked and drank beer and coffee when she was pregnant and there's not a thing wrong with me,  IS THERE.


My mother didn't drink beer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2007, 05:54:19 am »

My mother smoked and I'm sure she drank a little too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2007, 04:48:46 pm »

My mom smoked, drank coffee, and I'm sure she drank a little too. She got twin girls who were born 2 months premature and weighed 3 pounds each.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2007, 05:17:32 pm »

Anecdotal evidence, Somebody nice.

My mom shot up on a daily basis and I'm just fine.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2007, 06:31:50 pm »

Hey, she got two for one - not a bad deal!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2007, 11:23:56 pm »

My mom took Thalidomide when she was pregnant with my sister and she turned out fine.  I bet all those others were just faking it for sympathy.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Not Dying!
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2007, 12:50:24 am »

my mom, I think, stopped having fun when she got pregnant with me.

although at one point there was a big thing about how she was supposed to be in bed, because there were Problems, and my dad came home to find her outside, in 90-100 degree heat in LA, watering the plants.

then I almost died, so, now my mom always slaps women who mention watering plants when they're pregnant.

(I am kidding... the almost-dying had nothing to do with plant watering.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up