Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September  (Read 6684 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« on: September 12, 2006, 01:20:01 pm »

Lyle and Mr. Bear were happy tonight...

because they got good news back from their colonoscopies, no doubt.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:35:16 pm »

Philippe will be seeing Italian noodles in hell, apparently.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:11:54 pm »

What about French noodles*, Philippe?




*French noodles are bread.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 02:51:42 pm »

I like how he specifies the vegetables are "slant-cut".
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 04:56:20 pm »

I want some goddamn chinese food. last weekend we got thai food, and that Pad Thai was pretty weak.

I want some italian food, too.

also: Imo's pizza--- YES. People who suggested I try it, I salute you. I ate an entire half-pie, and I am not a fellow who eats Amounts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 06:15:25 pm »

I hope it was no warmer than luke-warm when you ate it.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 07:08:56 pm »

  I've kind of over done both kinds of noodles at the moment, the Italian because they're cheap to make at home and the Chinese because they're cheap to eat out. I don't want to see either for a while.
  Today: sushi!
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 09:07:46 pm »

I could hella go for some Asian noodles right now. Maybe I'll see if there's a Chinese place within walking distance; given that the only groceries I have at the moment are mac'n'cheese, ramen, microwave popcorn, and V-8*, I should probably treat myself to some delicious mein.

* This is a slight exaggeration; there are also three apples and some bottled water. And some drink powders to put in the bottled water.
Logged

Bn1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 10:40:52 pm »

I think I will have udon noodles tonight - I love these at the moment for some reason.. (probably because I can cook them without screwing up).
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 10:52:44 pm »

All that thread did was remind me that Bozack has class oozing out of his classhole.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 12:18:20 am »

I like how he specifies the vegetables are "slant-cut".

Was I the only one who... uhm... upon the first reading, thought Onstad was going for some kind of dark-as-night joke about Phillipe being inexplicably racist against Asians despite his youthful innocence and then... remembered that that's actually a cooking term? Or am I on crack? I'm guessing I'm on crack.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 02:31:06 am »

You'd normally find, say, carrots, cut at right angles to their main length.  Now if you were to cut at some oblique angle, you'd end up with a longer strip of carrot than a perpendicular cut, and it would be shaped differently from a parallel cut (and you'd see the various concentric rings and such of the carrot spread out).  This is what I am assuming he means by a slant-cut, as it seems to occur fairly often in chinese food.

And onstad is indeed a dirty bastard -- I made some rather good burritos earlier tonight, but now they seem lacking and now I am wanting some udon with chicken and broccoli and peanuts.
Logged
~

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
20 September 2006 -- Red Hot Conveyor Belt to Hell
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 03:18:09 pm »

http://peterhcropes.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_peterhcropes_archive.html

This is better than a comic.  This blog post is uncanny in its resemblance to my own thoughts.  I used to live in San Diego.  It often did feel like what Chris "Nice Pete" Onstad describes.

Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 03:54:23 pm »

I can pretty much agree on the cola thing, admittedly. Who the hell decided it was a good idea to just start throwing flavors into cola, anyway? It's all mystifying, and if I were a cat with a homicide probjem, I'd probably be angry too.
Logged

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 04:02:03 pm »

onstad makes out with a inkjet printout of wodehouse every night pass it on
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up