Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September  (Read 6693 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 04:18:04 pm »

I can pretty much agree on the cola thing, admittedly. Who the hell decided it was a good idea to just start throwing flavors into cola, anyway?

Me (I did).
Loves me some vanilla cola.  Cherry is good too.  Mmmmmmmmm.
Haven't tried the coffee one yet.  That does not sound appealing.

V, if you and I were opponents in an election, I would now run ads proclaiming your thinking in line with that of a psychopathic killer.  I'd also proclaim you worse than Hitler.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 04:34:45 pm »

Me (I did).
Loves me some vanilla cola.  Cherry is good too.  Mmmmmmmmm.
Haven't tried the coffee one yet.  That does not sound appealing.

V, if you and I were opponents in an election, I would now run ads proclaiming your thinking in line with that of a psychopathic killer.  I'd also proclaim you worse than Hitler.

Godwin'd!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 05:09:12 pm »

I never said I didn't like flavored colas, just that at this point the proliferation is getting kind of ridiculous. But it's good to remember the thing I've learned most often from this board: I am history's worst criminal, and it is only Satanic intervention which has kept me out of the ditch so far. Whoo.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 05:12:25 pm »

Yeah, that was definetely Wodehouse, not Jenkins. Although the peeing while walking saideways down the fairway makes me wonder.

Beer Carrier
Slapping SysAdmins w/ manuals
House wall removal

That stuff was fun. I actually want to hear about carrying the Faldo/'Zinger standard now.

I liked that the new-fangled 5-iron had a peanut allergy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 05:27:43 pm »

OK, I still wish he would stop writing about golf, but the description of the guy as being able to solve equations that seem to have pictures of pasta in the middle was almost worth it.

And me, I hate flavored cola. It's a sign of the imminent downfall of civilization.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 05:44:54 pm »

OK, I still wish he would stop writing about golf, but the description of the guy as being able to solve equations that seem to have pictures of pasta in the middle was almost worth it.

And me, I hate flavored cola. It's a sign of the imminent downfall of civilization.

Does this include cola flavored the old fashioned way? Such as by adding vanilla, marchino cherry "juice", or squeezing a lime? Or is your hate reserved for pre-packaged flavored colas?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 05:50:41 pm »

The prepackaged kinds are the worst, yes. If you squeeze a fresh lime in your cola you're probably not a big part of the problem. But why on earth would anyone want to add vanilla to cola?

I should point out that I am the sort of person who doesn't like different foods to touch on my plate, I never grew out of that.  But it also makes me crazy, this American tendency to think that if, say, pizza is good with one topping it will be better with five. Simplicity is a virtue, dammit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 06:02:36 pm »

I can pretty much agree on the cola thing, admittedly. Who the hell decided it was a good idea to just start throwing flavors into cola, anyway? It's all mystifying, and if I were a cat with a homicide probjem, I'd probably be angry too.
American companies seem to think that they have to introduce new products and variants all the time to get traction. Sadly, I do know adults who get excited about trying out every new variation of Pepsi or whatever. The market is completely saturated and most consumers are just confused. Pepsi Jazz? Huh? There's a similar trend in candy market. Also, there are 10 kinds of Wheat Thins.

There's a book about this that I haven't read. http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Choice-Why-More-Less/dp/0060005688/sr=8-1/qid=1158775251/ref=sr_1_1/103-2342458-9550239?ie=UTF8&s=books
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 06:48:05 pm »

The prepackaged kinds are the worst, yes. If you squeeze a fresh lime in your cola you're probably not a big part of the problem. But why on earth would anyone want to add vanilla to cola?

Apparently it was all the rage in the 50's

Quote
I should point out that I am the sort of person who doesn't like different foods to touch on my plate, I never grew out of that.  But it also makes me crazy, this American tendency to think that if, say, pizza is good with one topping it will be better with five. Simplicity is a virtue, dammit.

I don't like more than two pizza toppings unless it's some kind of specialty item with no sauce that's shooting more for "meal on an edible plate" than regular pizza. Like a steak and cheese pizza. I also don't count garlic as a topping so much as I count it as necessary for sentient life to exist.

http://dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=1008

There are now at least 4 Mountain Dews and at least 8 M&M's
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 08:00:54 pm »

The prepackaged kinds are the worst, yes. If you squeeze a fresh lime in your cola you're probably not a big part of the problem. But why on earth would anyone want to add vanilla to cola?

Because it's GOOD, dammit.  And yes, I do this.  I don't like plain ol' Diet Coke, but the missus buys it seemingly in bulk, so I will take the jug of cheap-ass imitation vanilla and put a squeeze into my Diet Coke.

SO.  THERE.  Wombat, you are WORSE than worse than Hitler, and I will see to it that you are never elected to anything.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006, 08:30:03 pm »

I will take the jug of cheap-ass imitation vanilla and put a squeeze into my Diet Coke.


OMG Carlos this is the most horrifying epitome of American fake food technology that I have ever heard of.  I will not take offense at your remarks about me because there is no doubt that this beverage is slowly destroying your brain.  You can't be held responsible.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2006, 09:47:08 pm »

Now let's be fair, wombat, there is a step down to go from there: just drinking the fake vanilla extract right out of the bottle, ghetto-style. Ideally you would drink it in the kitchen, over the sink, with the lights off so the neighbors can't see you -- or hide the fake vanilloid substance in your toilet tank.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 03:28:26 am »

It is mostly alcohol, after all.  I'ma go do that right now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

xzqx

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2006, 03:27:12 pm »

Now let's be fair, wombat, there is a step down to go from there: just drinking the fake vanilla extract right out of the bottle, ghetto-style. Ideally you would drink it in the kitchen, over the sink, with the lights off so the neighbors can't see you -- or hide the fake vanilloid substance in your toilet tank.

And you would keep empty fake vanilla extract bottles in your garage, hundreds of them, because you're too embarrased to put them out with the recycling. You would visit several different grocery stores to buy your fake vanilla extract, because you'd be too embarrased to buy as much as you need in one visit. You'll start calling in sick to stay home and drink fake vanilla extract; eventually you'll just stop showing up for work. They'll find you among your empty fake vanilla extract bottles, dead of a brain aneuryism, cockroaches swarming around, sucking on the dried-up fake vanilla nectar. Your body will smell sickly-sweet.
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 10:56:05 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henie-Onstad_Art_Centre

wikipedia also says that chris onstad is the great-nephew of someone who is "Considered by most as the greatest figure skater in history"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 01:32:25 pm by Noah »
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up