Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September  (Read 6668 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 01:08:23 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henie-Onstad_Art_Centre

wikipedia also says that also says that chris onstad is the great-nephew of someone who is "Considered by most as the greatest figure skater in history"

Yeah but is that going to get you scholarship money? I think not.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ba de ya, bloggin' in September
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 09:45:51 pm »

"let's get some Jäger and make out with sluts until we puke."

YES.

this reminds me of how my uncle traced back his last name and found out that they're Jewish, way back. I thought it was cool, and it was really weird how upset and creepy the Catholic parts of my family were (think: the "I'm not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that..." gag in Seinfeld.)

also, I am apparently descended from a guy who played on the Scotland national soccer team. he sold all of his trophies during the depression. He was part of the side of my dad's family that all had awesome awesome Super-Irish/Scottish names (Patrick Blaney! Elizabeth Munro!). Apparently even in advanced age he could still kick a soccer ball a quite prodigious distance.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up