Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself  (Read 9332 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

afterMonday

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:25:30 am »

I'm not exactly used to it, so it didn't really hit me.


I'm Sarah-  and I'm completely exausted and should be /asleep/ right now.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 05:28:36 am »

You really don't have to introduce yourself.  Someone started it and now every n00b in the world feels that they have to say something.

I am pleased that your introduction included absolutely no salient information, though.

GOOD FOR YOU, KID

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 05:29:33 am »

Should we call you Tuesday?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

afterMonday

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:31:35 am »

hah, that seems fitting.   =]



After Monday is actually a song by an Alternative/Folk- type artist named Lisa Germano.  I strongly suggest the album that song is featured on to everyone who likes that kind of music. 
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 05:34:16 am »

Let's just call her Wednesday.  It can be like that Adams Family thing.

Hell, let's not call her at all.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 05:47:38 am »

Waiting for Wednesday is a Lisa Loeb.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 05:55:25 am »

I dig your specks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

afterMonday

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 05:57:44 am »

Thanks.



I'm actually getting a pair within the next couple of days.

woo for deteriorating vision.
Logged

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 08:34:44 am »

  Someone started it

  Guilty as charged. But can I help it if I'm a trend setter? Fashion sense is genetic, there's nothing  I can do about it...*grabs platform riding-boots and plaid bellbottoms*

   
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 08:47:43 am »

Sorry pimp but as far as I can see the first person to make a hello thread here was someone else.
And if that doesn't count (because he is the cartoonist so of course he'd introduce himself/is to much of a drunken pig to even count as a human being/is in reality a small corporation who has outsourced writing to india and art to north korea and is working on improving their market penetration for the purpose of selling more shirts and shot glasses) it had an almost immediate* immitator.

*a month cannot count as almost immediate by anyone's standards, but the thread titles were just so durn catchy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 08:51:11 am »

Oh, and Hi Tuesday!
Can we get Hobot and Tuesday to fight over who is going to be our official cute girl in glasses? In chocolate pudding for preference (Q is away people I need to compensate).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 09:00:13 am »

Sorry pimp but as far as I can see the first person to make a hello thread here was someone else.

  Yikes! I'm suprised he stayed as long as he did. I'd hate to see the scary fanmail he got in his inbox.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 01:50:30 pm »

I um, actually have seen the scary fan mail he got in his inbox.  Some of you people are really fuck*ng sick, man.

I think some green folk introduced themselves before that, but I do not have the CJ powers to hunt these things down.

By the way, Cort, Doc totally wants your job.  Plus marriage.

Anyway, you can't be the resident cute girl with glasses unless you're actually like, a cute geeky girl with glasses. 

I'm just saying Hobot's reign is pretty secure here.  I mean, her avatar is the stereotypical image of a Cute Geeky Girl w/ Glasses on a tortilla.  Does it get any better than that?

I THINKN'T

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 02:43:10 pm »

NOBODY CAN EVER REPLACE OUR HOBOT

she is the cute girl with glasses. if I am attracted to a girl with glasses, it is because that girl reminds me of hobot.

also, remember how good she looks in that Hugs t-shirt?

damn, I have lost my subtlety. I used to be so suave.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 02:47:52 pm »

Plus marriage.
Dare a girl even dream?

Inev: Female pudding wrestling man... keep your eye on the goal here!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up