Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself  (Read 9320 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 04:25:24 pm »

Hey Tuesday, if you stick around after Jough's prickly little welcome and the perv's...well, you got grit is all.

Yea, we seem to have lost all class around here. Or maybe it's just a today thing...
Howdy, anyway.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 04:50:58 pm »

Thanks for the... compliments?

I am sorry to have inadvertently commandeered your thread, afterMonday.  Welcome, &c.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 05:02:05 pm »

All I was saying is that the introduction didn't really introduce anything or give us any further info into the life of the OP that we couldn't have gleaned from her other posts.

Sheesh, people, if you're going to start a thread about yourself at least make it about yourself, because otherwise it just degrades (improves?) into a thread about how cute Hobot is, which ain't no kind of discussion to have among civilised people.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 05:27:40 pm »

I um, actually have seen the scary fan mail he got in his inbox.  Some of you people are really fuck*ng sick, man.

I think some green folk introduced themselves before that, but I do not have the CJ powers to hunt these things down.

By the way, Cort, Doc totally wants your job.  Plus marriage.

Anyway, you can't be the resident cute girl with glasses unless you're actually like, a cute geeky girl with glasses. 

I'm just saying Hobot's reign is pretty secure here.  I mean, her avatar is the stereotypical image of a Cute Geeky Girl w/ Glasses on a tortilla.  Does it get any better than that?

I THINKN'T


Best I can tell Doc is right that Onstad was the first to start a "hi I'm new" thread. Others would just post to an existing thread then add "also, hi, I'm new" as more of a post script to that post.

I'm not sure abou the mega hugs from Doc. I'd need to see some pictures first.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 06:14:37 pm »

NOBODY CAN EVER REPLACE OUR HOBOT

I still consider Hobot is a replacement for Andalucia.  Anda didn't have glasses though.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 06:21:34 pm »

Let's be honest here: every subsequent poster has been, in some way, a replacement for jldunston. Even while jl was here.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 06:29:49 pm »

JL Dunston can't be replaced.  That is why she is legend.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 07:00:43 pm »

All I was saying is that the introduction didn't really introduce anything or give us any further info into the life of the OP that we couldn't have gleaned from her other posts.

  I  think the problem in general with introductions on this board is that there is no obvious commonality between all of us except that we read Achewood. I know when I wrote my intro I was thinking "what do I put in here? 'My name's Pimp_Skitters and I read Achewood'?"
  A short intro is better than those never ending autobiographies I've occasionally seen masquerading as introductions on other forums: "...And then we crossed the river Oder by moonlight, the icy waters biting into us as we fled to safety. Of course I knew he had attatchments to three other women at the same time, but I somehow felt this act of daring would draw us together forever. Little did I know how wrong I could be, but I'll save that part of my story until we get to it, as I still have a lot to tell before we cover the summer of '83... ... ...Anyway, I'm looking forward to posting on the Ice Cream Flavours Forum, and I hope you will all enjoy the recipes I post. They each have a meaningfull story attatched to them."
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 07:20:59 pm »

Yeah, Pimple Skittles, despite the awful nick and too-colourful sig, has brought the big swingin' dick to n00bdom.  We haven't seen anyone ingratiate themselves so quickly into the group since MisterQueue, and he's gone AWOL recently.

WAY TO GO

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 09:41:01 pm »

MisterQueue, and he's gone AWOL recently.


He's sposta be back on Friday.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 10:48:54 pm »

I am sorry for filling your hello thread with a bunch of crass comments Tuesday, I just miss Q is all. Also trying to write a talk for this goddamn conference and getting  nowhere. We are not always like this.
Except when we are.


Cort: Think that picture Harrison Ford sent around but taken with a mexican magic-realism camera.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bn1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 10:50:53 pm »


I'm just saying Hobot's reign is pretty secure here.  I mean, her avatar is the stereotypical image of a Cute Geeky Girl w/ Glasses on a tortilla.  Does it get any better than that?

Up until that sentence I had thought that avatar was the vice magazine website logo man... on a tortilla (No link sorry, look it up if you're curious).  Will this admission get me banned from the forums?

As for the introduction issue - while I don't think there's anything wrong with saying hi I personally didn't do one because I wasn't sure if I would ever contribute much to the forums.  And so far I er, haven't.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 11:48:49 pm »

Up until that sentence I had thought that avatar was the vice magazine website logo man... on a tortilla (No link sorry, look it up if you're curious).  Will this admission get me banned from the forums?

Are you saying I look like this guy?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 12:40:27 am »

You actually look like my friend Ken in that photo - mostly because the dark shadow around your jaw/neckline looks like a four day growth of beard.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 01:38:06 am »

Y'know... now that he mentions it...
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up