I managed to experience both pokemon and power rangers by proxy of my brother while still being able to be slightly too old (and therefore 'too cool') for them. Which I don't mind too much because the games actually were quite addictive, worryingly probably my first experience of a turn-based rpg.
I remember power rangers! I remember when I got a black and gold coloured toy of the power rangers *****s before they were officially sold in Canada: I was the
coolest six year old that week! Funny how no-one ever questioned the fact that Angel Grove was miraculously rebuilt each episode.
As for my pokemon fandom, it ended about two months before my thirteenth birthday. In fact I remember the day. I was at this Pokemon card game match and I looked around and saw kids younger than me enjoying themselves as kids can. I saw kids older than me, they seemed awkward, out of place and taking it all way too seriously. I knew I was on the borderline between the two. I knew I didn't want to be the latter. It all dropped away in less than a week after that, and everything Pokemon left my life, much to the joy of the recipients of my card collection. I kept the gameboy games though, and they came in handy in times of boredom in later years.
PS: A list of things the spell check wants to change fandom to:
random
condom
phantom
tandem