Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!  (Read 8134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

guns and cigarettes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« on: September 15, 2006, 07:03:02 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09152006

This is a great classic achewood one-off. I love it. Second in line for the thread title was "you got some serious grace"


Enjoy

Logged

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 07:07:12 am »

Creepy! I was just about to post with precisely the same title, character for character.

As for the effect described in the strip... It's interesting how this works in reverse for females. Me, I talk about computers and suddenly the volunteer sperm donors are lining up in the hallway.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 07:46:06 am »

This is a great classic achewood one-off.

Yeah exactly. If you told me this had been sitting around in Onstad's sketchbook since 2003 I'd have believed you.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 08:39:39 am »

My facial expression was pretty much the same as Beef's in the second panel after I read the first one.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 09:03:41 am »

If I agreed any more with what has already been said, you'd all think I was taking the piss. "I might want a family someday, dude." is everything I could wish for and more - to be used immediately on the nerd friends I love to hate.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:29:57 pm »

Being the nerd that I am, I must admit to almost succumbing to Nerd Rage at what Ray said. Then I gently reminded myself that Ray is a cartoon cat.

Heh, Ray is just the kind person to take shortcuts and then not appreciate or be impressed with what he has gained. What a jerk.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 03:23:44 pm »

For once I must regretfully agree with the sycophantic masses.

This is a very good strip
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 03:40:15 pm »

Not my favorite, but a pretty classy one-off.

Also, not to threadjack, but:

Quote from: elfbabe
As for the effect described in the strip... It's interesting how this works in reverse for females. Me, I talk about computers and suddenly the volunteer sperm donors are lining up in the hallway.

I think it's because it's still perceived as a novelty. Women who can talk about computers/roleplaying games/Insert Nerd Guy Thing Here are not actually all that rare, but most male nerds are still convinced that they've struck gold every time they meet one.
Logged

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 06:03:32 pm »

The lesson from all this: Buck up, young nerdlings, a career in (CS/ME/EE)engineering/sciences will not always be female peer free.

  I think the problem is that nerds don't actually want to pair up with other nerds. They want to be friends, but no romance. The two brains will always be in competition.
  Actually though, Ray's remarks about secondary sexual characteristics rolling away is really applicable to any specialist field that isn't common knowledge.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 06:34:39 pm »

I think we have some nerd pairings on the board, so obviously nerds can live together harmoniously.

I think it's just that there's a scarcity of cute nerd girls.  You'll find nerd girls everywhere.  You'll just wish you didn't find most of them.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 07:12:07 pm »

the look on my lady's face when I uttered the words "Star Wars" was all I needed to be happy in this lifetime.

that and knowing every word to every Beatles song.

although, people, you seem to be mixing up your words. A nerd is one who excels in all studies, rather than merely technical ones.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 07:39:20 pm »

I really didn't see the "In fact, it's beneath me" coming. Ssss.... OW. In your FACE Roastbeef! In your FACE!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 08:08:22 pm »

Eh, I ain't down with all this.

A strip like this reminds me how far Ray has developed since, "Is e-mail different from internet?  Heh!  I didn't know!"
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 08:20:48 pm »

As long as he still jumps pictures of motorcycles over desktop mountains I'm cool.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 08:23:31 pm »

  I think the problem is that nerds don't actually want to pair up with other nerds. They want to be friends, but no romance. The two brains will always be in competition.

Speaking as someone currently in a nerd relationship, I think the issue is more that, inevitably, your nerdly paramour will be interested in something you find colossally lame and bizarre, but the general nerd social dynamic of total acceptance regardless of insanity level makes it impossible to say "I respect you as a person, but I think this is explosively stupid/bizarre/insane." The fact that many nerds of both genders are so insecure about their hobbies and preferences means that anything other than enthusiastic acceptance gets interpreted as rejection, and thus you have Problems. Basically, it's the most interpersonally pernicious of the Five Geek Social Fallacies, combined with a greater sensitivity of material and relationship.

Obviously many nerds are happy together, and your nerd relationship mileage may vary, but when there are flameouts, I think that's why.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up